Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Groups and Visibility

Help anyone...

Is there anyway to set fragments to not be visible to new customer groups.

When I create a new customer groups, they can see all products etc. on the site, until I uncheck visibility...

This obviously causes a problem when you have lots of fragments for specific customers... each time a new group is added, they can see all of the fragments designed for other customer... is they any way to stop this?

Thanks in advance

Julian

Julian,

Straight off I see no easy way of doing this. I have passed this to development to see if they can come back with any suggestions. Will keep you updated.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Bruce

I had a look in the backend tables...

Unfortunately, in order to hide the fragment / product from the group it was a case of adding a record to the relevant table... Therefore, I cannot query the database with an update SQL.

Thanks again for all your help and I will look forward to hearing what, if any, suggestions development make... Otherwise I will have to write a database module to add the relevant tables based on a selection.

Julian

Comment

Julian,

Development say this is a wish list feature but can look at your database and provide an SQL update query. Dont know if you would be interested in that as you have mentioned above that you cannot use this route.

I will add this to the wish list on your behalf.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Yes Please

Thanks Bruce

I would be very interested if they have an SQL I can use to do this.

I would have written one myself, but I was uncertain exactly which tables needed updating and with what.

I figured out how to do it but wasn't sure whether there were additional tables that I wasnt aware of that needed updating so I was wary of doing it myself in case I damaged the structure of the database.

Please could you send me the SQL.

Thanks for all your help.

Julian

Comment

Julian,

I will need your database. I will drop you an email via the forum, send me the DB as an attachment and I will then send you the SQL query.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X