No links in Digital Download email confirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No links in Digital Download email confirmation

Some of our customers claim they do not receive any links to our digital files in their confirmation emails.

We use Worldpay and Paypal as our PSPs but it seems to affect both equally.

At first I thought it was Paypal users using eCheques that take a long time to clear but we've had the issue with Worldpay users too.
    Anyone any idea what is going wrong? It's a bad situation where we have to wait for a customer to contact us to complain they haven't been able to download their order and then having to resend the links.

Do you copy the confirmation emails to yourself? Do you see the links? Is the customer correct or mistaken, in other words.

If the customer is leaving direct from the worldpay site then they may be getting a worldpay confirmation, and your confirmation mail will not even be generated.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

May be off the mark as don't use DD ... recall reading that if using PayPal etc dont the users have to return back to the actinic site to generate the link?

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

That's the crux of the issue yes.

Now on Worldpay I can edit the payment conformation page to state that they shoudl make sure they return to our website in order for their links to be generated. After doing this we've had no problems with DD orders from Worldpay customers.

Howevere, I can't edit the corresponding page on the Paypel payment system so we've had to put notices in our shop to remind customers to 'return to merchant' after they have completed payment. It's an arse really and no matter how big you make notices there's always some customers who will ignore it and then complain their links haven't turned up.

Add to this the fact that having just installed V8 even when Paypal customers click the 'Return to merchant' button, they are still not receiving any links. I'm having to resend links to all Paypal Customers manually at the moment.

DD are a hugely growing aspect of our business and we take 75% of orders via Paypal customers so this is a major issue for us. If it can't be solved I'll have to start looking at non Actinic shop solutions :-(

Comment

Hi Mark - I've put a response to this on the v8 forum here.

Comment

Working...
          X