Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running 2 discounts at the same time

Hi all,

I am trying to set up 2 discounts for one of our sites.

1) FREE gift A when you spend more than £50

2) FREE gift B when you spend more than £100

I have 3 product groups 'All products', a group with just product A in it & a group with just product B in it.

I have successfully set up FREE gift A but when I enable the FREE gift B discount the discount info in the shopping cart shows the FREE gift A offer but it shows it twice.

When you add a product say for £55.00 to the cart it shows:

'Get a FREE Gift Set (A)by adding one to the cart'
    'Get a FREE Gift Set (A) by spending £45.00 more on any product from this website'.

The 2 discounts have completely different names but it only shows up the first twice.

If I can get this working I would also like to set it up so that if the customer spends over £100 they only get Gift B and not both

Hope this makes sense and I would appreciate it greatly if anyone can offer any guidance.

Kind regards

Without looking, you need to set the discounts up as % off specified product, with the percentage as 100%. Have the FREE gift B first with a trigger of £100, then the FREE gift A with a trigger of £50 and set "Only one discount per order".

This way, when a customer reaches £100, they get only the B discount, and if they don't meet that trigger, Actinic will then look at the second discount.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Bill,

Firstly, I have realised why it was showing up twice. I amended the text myself and forgot to put it back to '%s'. Dosey me. I have fixed that now.

However, both discounts are still showing up after you add over £100.00

I have 'Only one reward per order' ticked for both FREE product discounts and 'Allow only one cart content discount per order' ticked in the misc tab but it is still showing both.

Am I going wrong somewhere?

PS. If you have 2 discounts does Actinic display both in the discount info or does it just display the one that applies to whatever you have in the cart?

Many thanks

Comment

Steve,

Did you pick up on the point about the larger trigger value coming first, so that Actinic stops looking?
        Bill

Comment

Thanks again Bill,

Yes, the Gift B (£100+) is before Gift A (£50+).

Is it that Actinic displays both discounts in the discount info but only allows the customer to choose 1 of them?

Many thanks

Comment

Can't say I have paid attention to this, even when I have had two discounts running. I would expect both to show until the lower limit is passed, then only the Gift B to show until the higher limit is reached.
            Bill

Comment

Cheers Bill.

This is a strange one. I have tested it out as a customer might use it...

1) added any item under £50 to the cart. I am given the option to receive free gift A if I spend xx amount and free gift B if I spend xx amount.

2) I then add another product to take the cart over £50 and to trigger product A. The cart now says 'Get gift A by adding one to the cart now' and receive free gift B if you spend xx amount.

3) Some customers might then add free gift A to the cart and the product is marked as -xx amount. The cart now says 'receive free gift B if you spend xx amount.

4) Some customers might then add a few more products to tip it over £100 in which they are told 'Get gift B by adding one to the cart now'.

5) If they do add it to the cart they get gift B free (marked -xx amount) but they then have to pay for gift A as it reverts back to the full price.

I can see a few of our customers getting a bit miffed unless we can make it clearer as to how it exactly works?

Comment

Steve,

I can see the problem. Never run into this with straight cash discounts, of course.

I guess what you need is for step 2) to read 'Get gift A by adding one to the cart now' OR qualify for free gift B if you spend xx amount.

Now the question is - can that text be altered anywhere.
                Bill

Comment

I do hope the text can be altered but I think you have only one line for the 'Get gift by spending xx more etc' and one for the 'Get gift now'.

We could perhaps put a statement below the discount info explaining that only one offer can chosen and if you select one the other is not free. Might look a mess though?

Cheers

Comment

Not managed to work out a full solution to this one so I decided to put a statement that sits just below the discount info table in Act_ShoppingCartXML.html.

It reads -

Please note. Only ONE free gift can be claimed per order.

If you have already added a free gift to your basket, and you would prefer to receive the other gift, please remove the first one to ensure that you are not charged for it.
                    We've had quite a few orders since yesterday and no problems so far.

Many thanks

Comment

Well handled !!
                      Bill

Comment

Working...