Setting page titles tags in checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting page titles tags in checkout

Is there anyway to set individual titles for each phase of the checkout? (to make tracking easier in my stats software)

And where is the receipt title set? All of the other checkout stages have the same title, but then the receipt has "[company name] receipt" as the title...
    John

The templates you need are Act_Order00.html - Act_Order04.html, the last one being the receipt page.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

but the <title> tags are in the <head> section in one of the primary templates - the checkout templates are just part of the <body> section.
      John

Comment

Another solution could be to add a 1px transparent gif, named differently, on each of the pages - then track those images in your stats.

Comment

THe images wouldn't help - this is more for realtime 'visitor paths' rather than page stats. at the moment I can't tell which part of the check the customer is in, just that they are on a checkout page.

For example, there was a customer this morning and his path had about 10 checkout pages (I don't have that many!), so clearly something was going wrong. If I knew which pages he was going backwards and forwards between I could probably figure out if further instructions were required, or if there was a problem on one of the pages... As it is all I know is that he was jumping around the checkout a lot.
          John

Comment

Can you not track something in the <body> tags? Sadly you can’t assign different Primary’s for each checkout stage (except the receipt).

You could probably do this in V8 with conditions though.
            Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

no, in order to be any use it must be the title or the URL. Is there any way of modifying the URL on these pages (eg. adding a referrer tag or something similar to the end?)
              John

Comment

Working...
              X