Changing Font Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Font Sizes

I am trying to change font sizes for a site that is using several different templates. Each template is linked to a CSS file and I have tried changing the body text font size in the CSS file but to no avail.

In the main body of the code for one of the templates it says: <BODY TEXT="NETQUOTEVAR:FGCOLOR" OnLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD">

Does this give anyone a clue as to where I need to look in order to change font sizes? I want to change the font size sitewide, not just in a few areas.

Thanks
    Actinic Web Design | Actinic Templates

If you are using a CSS driven set of theme templates, then go into Actinic within its Advanced | Template Manager | Misc tab and click on the CSS button, which will bring it up and then you will see all of the size usage across multiple different spans that are used within the templates, so change the sizes in the CSS to reflect within the end site during preview and live usage.

Comment

That's what I have been doing except I have been changing the CSS in Dreamweaver (works the same)....I have managed to change link sizes etc but the main body text is not having any effect.

here is the beginning of the CSS :

body, table, th, td{
      color:#000000;
      font:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
      font-size:9pt;
      }

/*body specific*/
      body {
      background: #E6E6E6;
      margin: 0px;
      padding: 0px;
      font:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
      font-size:9pt;

I changed the font-size to 9pt from 10px - works fine on links but not on body text. Seems like something else is overriding it.

Any ideas?

Comment

Have you checked right through to the bottom of the css file, as it contains lots of them for regular, highlight and many many others in there... so just changing the body will not change all of them, as headers for sections and products, along with text for fragments and products are controlled by spans in the templates, which are referenced deeper down in the css file.

Comment

Apart from using pt (which is a printer designation and not for screen) there is very little text rendered from the body tags etc - most of the text is <span> tagged in the templates using the actxsmall, actregular classes you will see further down

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

2 answers for the price of 1 there

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yep I've tried that as well. I'm giving up for today - will come back to it tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help though guys.

Comment

Working...
              X