client snapshot destoyed v7 Dev Lite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

client snapshot destoyed v7 Dev Lite

I imported a client snapshot, and now I get 2 error dialog boxes appear on opening actinic, click Ok and actinic closes.

I have actinic installed on my D drive which probably acct for the problem, but I could do with ideas for a workaround this
    Attached Files

Jo,

This client isn't using the US version of the software is he? If he is, I would guess he has done the integration to UPS that is only available in that version, and you will need to set up a trial version of the US software on your C:\drive to work with his snapshot.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Client is UK based so I don't know if he has tried to integrate US shipping tables., but my problem is I can't open developer.

I'd prefer to find a clean solution rather than un-install and re-install

Comment

Further to this...

I uninstalled Actinic, reinstalled back onto D drive, imported client snapshot.

Went to Business Settings, Shipping and Handling

client has defined simple shipping on Shiping tab, along with tick on Shipping charges made.

I click the tab for Service Providers - and see the UPS shipping tables.

is this default Actinic behaviour? have I got a US copy of developer?

or did the client do this prior to sending me his snapshot. Client only ships to UK.

I've attached an error dialog box that appears after looking at shipping options

Having now closed Actinic wit hte said site selected I now can not open it again (unless I swap sitenames over to prevent another re-install)
        Attached Files

Comment

Once you have managed to use a site that has UPS installed (maybe your client purchased a US version of the software), Actinic will continue to think that you have UPS installed.

I have gotten into this state a couple of times now - this is how I have resolved it in the past.

Open the database in developer, go to the SSPProvider table and delete the row in there.

Actinic should open now.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

yep that has done the trick.

so you reckon it was the snapshot at the root of this and not my copy of developer?

Comment

What is your default currency? If it is US$ then you have a US version if it is UK£ you have a UK version.

I would be surprised if you have a US version.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I've just had exactly this problem on importing a client's snapshot

Client is UK based so, I would think their V7 programme was English rather than USA, but not really sure.

Anyway, this information is still pertinent and works perfectly, thank goodness!

Thank you, Jan!

David
                -----------------------------
                www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Working...
                X