Trouble with AOL and email bounces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with AOL and email bounces

Does anyone else have problems with the automatically generated emails being bounced back from AOL email addresses? All my AOL customers who order don’t get their order confirmation email and it is bounced back to me undelivered. This is specific to AOL addresses only.

Do you think it is a problem with my ISP and the server I’m hosted on, or is it how I have actinic set up?

Thanks.

It is quite common for people to have problems sending mail to AOL addresses.
    You could try and test this out with your ISP and someone with an AOL address. You could consider making a note on your order pages that AOL email addresses may not receive some emails etc..

Try a search on the forum for AOL and Email and you should find quite a lot of posts regarding this problem.

Comment

I dont know why people use AOL they cause all sorts of problems.

Comment

I dont know why people use AOL they cause all sorts of problems.
        I know. This is yet another of a list of problems that I have come up against.

Comment

We had issues sending to AOL and a static IP address resolved for us. (BT broadband)

I had bookmarked a site for help with AOL mail but have since deleted - if you check out the returned email error code and Google it there is a webmasters section under AOL with advice on common issues etc and also a link to a site where you can check your IP address if it (or a range) is being blocked via AOL.

See Chris Barling (Actinic CEO) wrote in latest .NET magazine about closed communities such as AOL

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X