Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Confirmation Attached to Email..?

Hi
    Has anyone looked at the possability of passing the HTML, used to print the confirmation page to the screen, on to the mail routine in order to attach it to the confirmation email..?

Would it simply be a case of writing the HTML to a file (ordernumber.att) on the server (in the same way the ord files are created) and simply attach it via the SendRichMail routine in Actinic.pm?
    (after updating the richmail routine for sendmail / Mail:Mailer of course)

After glancing at Actinic.pm, it seems that there is an 'HTML body' scalar declared for the message body (although we're told Actinic will only handle plain text) in Actinic.pm already. Why are HTML emails not an option then?

Thanks

Hi, Actinic from v4 to v7 has only used plain text to use for emails. I would have thought this is because every known email client can view the plain text easily, instead of having to render html codes. Doing a quick search on the forum, I can't see anyone of doing this, and also think this would be too much for Support to provide a solution with.

However checking the Actinic.pm I see it does have an 'undocumented' feature for HTML (Well done for pointing that out.. Interesting ), looks like maybe something they added but never used.

Well I see the following line to send the email in 'sub SendMail'

Code:
    return(SendRichMail($sSmtpServer, $sEmailAddress, $sSubjectText, $sMessageText, "", $sReturnAddress));
    So you have a scalar for $sMessageText, but if you look into the subroutine SendRichMail, next to $sMessageText, you have $sMessageHTML. Another variable which is overlooked...

So I wonder if you could change it to:

Code:
    	return(SendRichMail($sSmtpServer, $sEmailAddress, $sSubjectText, "", $sMessageHTML, $sReturnAddress));
    So looking at the comment, we are using the html part, not the plain text part.

See if this works for you, hopefully you could add to it, and let us know

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for the reply, but I think we've got mixed up here

Although my observation showed HTML was possible in the body of the email, I was planning to attach an HTML page (the confirmation) to a plaintext email.

I only mentioned it after searching for an answer to my question and discovering many people want HTML in the message body. Just thought it might help someone

I think the route here is to modify orderscript.pl to save the HTML (used to create the order confirmation page) as a local file, then modify Actinic.pm to attach the saved file (with the filename being passed from orderscript.pl) to an email using a sendmail routine (replacing the original email routine)

I was just wondering if anyone had already done it.

Comment

Hi Graeme, Sorry for the delay in answering this email. Just done another search and I can't see anyone doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by GraemeG
          I think the route here is to modify orderscript.pl to save the HTML (used to create the order confirmation page) as a local file, then modify Actinic.pm to attach the saved file (with the filename being passed from orderscript.pl) to an email using a sendmail routine (replacing the original email routine)

I was just wondering if anyone had already done it.
          I'd be interested too !!

In fact I am a bit confused about what the customer does actually receive. We get quite a few customers complaining that they don't receive a confirmation of their order (although I think they do get confirmation of their payment).

Could anyone please tell me what the customer should receive, all being well, and how I can check this and amend or edit as necessary.

Many thanks.
          Richard
          www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

We have a product called One Stop Order Processing that can do this offline, don't know who to do it online though.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X