Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Act_section_tree.js questions!

Hi,

I've taken over an online shop recently (which you may have guessed from my other posts) which uses pop out section trees.

As I wanted to display multiple items on a page which could be clicked to go to the product page I have put each item in an individual section with the same nane as the product which works well. The problem is that the section tree then picks up these sections which take the customer to the individual items without going to the pages displaying multiple products (probably easier to have a look at www.cu-ps.com where I'm testing).

Is there a way of hiding these sections from the section tree? or even deleting them after they are made, I've tried deleting the sections from the Act_section_tree.js file, but that dosen't work as I think they are just regenerated every time you look at the page.

Any help here would be appreciated as I'm a bit lost.

Thanks
    Dan

www.surfline.co.uk - Saltrock Online Surf Shop

You are using NorCascade. A donationware program that I wrote. The configuration program allows you to limit the maximum depth the menu will expand to (Max Depth parameter). This may do what you want if you have a consistent section structure.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel
      You are using NorCascade. A donationware program that I wrote.

Thanks Norman, I just figured out that you must have wrote it, It does look quite good, which is why we want to keep it.

The configuration program allows you to limit the maximum depth the menu will expand to (Max Depth parameter). This may do what you want if you have a consistent section structure.
      I was hoping to be able to go to different depths if possible, but if it is much easier it would be ok to just limit the maximum depth I guess. I have tried playing around with the 'norcascade_pop_data.js' file, but keep getting a bit mixed up and the display is not right, any hints about what to edit?

ny help much apreciated.
      Dan

Comment

NorCascade comes with a GUI configuration program that makes it easy to control all these parameters. It should be available via Start / All Programs / NorCascade.

If you're running on a new system, then download and install it from www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff

Comment

Thanks,

I'm operating on a new system as the person who did this before me went awol with computer. I didn't want to change anything else in the file in case I messes it up, but from the config realised that all I had to do was change the maxdepth var.

Thanks for your help
          Dan

Comment

I'm pretty sure that downloading and installing NorCascade will be OK. If it finds configuration and support files in your Site folder it uses them, rather than any default ones.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that downloading and installing NorCascade will be OK. If it finds configuration and support files in your Site folder it uses them, rather than any default ones.
              Ok, I didn't realise that, I've downloaded it now so it's good to know for the future.
              Dan

Comment

Working...
              X