Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLOW PREVIEW - anyone help?

Hi Guys

My preview is taking about 6 - 8 minutes to preview.

I have the same data on 2 further machines that do not have this problem

On the slow machine, I deleted all the information in the previewHTML folder.

When previewing a page - 317 files were added to this folder - 95% of which are totally unrealed tot he page we wanted to preview.

Anyone know what setting we've got wrong? Is Actinic trying to do a complete sitewide preview instead of a page preview?

a forum search with throw up other thread where this is discussed in full, try these posts to see if there is a solution for you there

Comment

We have read them all, and they didn't seem to help matters. Can anyone explain why the PreviewHTML folder is filled up with files that aren't related to the page we are previewing?

Comment

Ruan,

Which of the Preview Icons are you using? There should be 3, 'Preview Page', 'Preview Catalog' and 'Preview Brochure'. Previewing a single page alone will only create a html file called P_index.html in your 'Preview HTML' folder but if you click 'Preview Catalog' (icon with 2 page and the mag glass) this will generate all the catalog pages in the folder, same with the 'Preview Brochure' these being brochure pages.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hiya Bruce,

I only have the preview buttons for no preview, small preview and wide preview. I cannot see anything about Preview page/catalog/brochure anywhere?

Cheers,

Ruan.

Comment

Ruan,

I was talking about the preview icons a bit further down the menu bar. Right next to 'wide preview' you should have 'Refresh Delay'. What is this set to? If you select 'Very fast' does it still take a long time?

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hiya,

Yes, it's set to very fast and still takes about 6-7 minutes every page preview I do.

Cheers,

Ruan.

Comment

Have you tried the good old faithful - Compact Databases? Youc an do this in Housekeeping | Compact Databases, select both options and proceed. If this still does not improve the situation, I would suggest raising a support request @ http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm or if you have cover, call in so that a member of the support team can take a look at your Database.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hiya,

We have three machines, each with the same version of Actinic, the same snapshot, all have been compacted and purged. All machines are the same spec. The other machines only take about a minute to preview. Everything has been set up exactly the same.

If that doesn't help you in any way, I will give Actinic a call tomorrow morning, if they haven't blocked our number yet!

Comment

Working...
                  X