Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Back Orders & Part Payment

Would be grateful if any of you could help with the following:

1). How do you set up Back Orders? I have been to Business Settings and altered the Back Ordering area, but this doesn't quite give the result we need. Some of our customers may order in stock items, and also order an item that is released in September (as an example.) When I come to print out the invoice, I can't seem to adjust the "September" item to be showing as being on Back Order......

2). Closely related to the above, we would like to set up a Part Payment option for New Releases. Basically so that the customer can secure a product(s) for future release. Is there anyway we can arrange for a Part Payment or Deposit of either a given "%" or a certain "£" value, and then (As ABove) have the item reserved on Back Order, and then invoice the full amount when items arrive into stock? It is quite a common thing in our line of business for customers to reserve items way in advance of their actual release date.

Thanks for any help.

David
    www.diecastdevon.co.uk

Hi David,

The details about settings up 'back orders' are available in Actinic Help. In the Help Index of Actinic, type in back-ordering and this should take you straight to the documentation on Backordering. Regarding printing an Invoice for an order with back-orders, yes by default there is no reference in it stating as 'Back order'. However, we do get a seperate table that shows the products yet to be shipped(which is the back order) and also has a description stating 'The following items will follow later as part of Order No.: ..... ' . We can change this text appearing in the Invoice. To change this text in Actinic, go to Design | Text | click on the 'Goto' Button and enter Phase as -1 and ID as 994. Here you can change the text prompt to a more suitable description of your choice, that would term the remaining products as a back order.

To the other part of the query about collecting only part of the payment (for orders where you directly capture the card details and not through a Payment service provider), open the order in Actinic and in the 'Progress and Payments' tab, click on the 'New Entry' button. This will display the amount being received which you can alter, and the remaining amount will be marked as 'pending'. If you have a back-order setup in Actinic, then clicking on the 'New Entry' will automatically update only the cost for the product shipped.

However this might not be possible, if you are using a Payment Service Pprovider (PSP). As the payments arriving through PSP's, on having the transaction authorised. the amount will be charged immediately and taken off the customer's card (there is an option to preauthorise payments with certain PSPs, but only for a specified period set by the PSP). Hence for payments already recieved in Actinic through a PSP, you can only make a 'New Entry' , altering the 'Status' and 'Transaction' . This would still mean , you would have to manually refund the amount corresponding to the back-order.
    Kind Regards,

Seeths
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks very much for your advice, Seeths.

I shall take a look at this later today.

You help is much appreciated.

David
      www.diecastdevob.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Moxey
        When I come to print out the invoice, I can't seem to adjust the "September" item to be showing as being on Back Order......
        www.diecastdevon.co.uk
        To do this you need to ship the item you have in stock and then click on the back order button at the bottom of the orders details, Actinic will then create a linked 'back-order' order for the item not in stock.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X