Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sporadic Checkout Failure!

Hi,

In ugent need of help here. We have a serious problem where our checkout process fails to display the receipt page. Instead it shows page cannot be displayed.

The order goes through with confirmation email being sent etc. But the customer initially thinks that the order has failed and either quits the site or goes back and does the order again where again it is liable to produce the same 'page cannot be displayed and results in multiple orders.

It does not happen all the time. It is random we have times where orders will pass through correctly 5 out of 5 times and other tests have resulted in 5 out of 5 fails! Its very odd.

I dont understand how this could be happening. I thought about the server becoming busy but then why dont other cgi processes fail or other pages fail to display? It always happens at the same point.

Because of the erratic nature of this problem Im finding it very difficult to solve it!

You can test for your self by going to http://www.manicmayhem.co.uk/forward.htm
    click a product and run through the checkout process using 'Actinic Test' as your name and using pay by bank transfer to avoid entering credit card details.

As I said its sporadic so may take a few attempts to get it to trip up.

Any ideas on what might be causing this would be greatly apreciated.

Kind Regards,

Matt Manning

I tried to buy some magnets, got a receipt, BUT it had netquotevar:headertext and nqv:footertext also displayed on the page, which might give a clue of the loop it went round?
    Anf
    New Year - new YOU!
    (remove that cellulite before the summer comes - www.treatmentgels.co.uk)

Comment

Hi anf1y

I noticed the NETQUOTEVARS above and below the receipt and have been meaning to fix those although Im not sure where to start. I cant find the template for the receipt page, I would like to removethe HEader and Footer Vars from that page.

But I would be suprised if that was causing the problem. Either way how do I get rid of those VARS from the receipt page?

M.

Comment

Hi Matt - not a full answer but maybe a pointer in the right direction - you are running your checkout in SSL - if credit card payment then takes you to a PSP's secure server (I didn't want to check this out myself), I think there is an issue in returning details back to your secure server to produce the receipt page - try searching the forum for "SLL Receipt" etc.

This is not a problem when paying by banker's draft etc because the customer is not taken to someone else's secure server from which they have to return for the receipt (this is probably why Anf succeeded with a receipt because you suggested testing using banker's draft). Hope this helps. Mark H
        Last edited by Mark H; 05-Jul-2006, 04:09 PM. Reason: another thought

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Thanks Mark,

It fails on bankers draft also. We have our own SSL server and credit cards are prosessed offline. So theres no communication with an external source.

I have set the CGI time out to a little longer, 120 secs, as a temporary solution to get more people to the receipt page.

I also got rid of the Header and Footer netquote vars from the receipt layout template. Will test again and see if I can get it to trip again.

M.

Comment

Working...
          X