Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing colour around drop down box in top RH corner

Hi

I have been trying to adapt the curves theme slightly. I would like to be able to change the colour of the area around the drop down box in the menu in the top right hand of the screen, just oppersite the main logo, WITHOUT changing the colour of the text in the vertical menu. I have a yellow logo, and yellow text is not easy to read, so I need to change the colours independantly.

I have been trying to use the Firefox developer tools to see what creates the colour in that area but with little success. Have also tried looking in act_brochurePrimary.html where i thought:

Code:
    <tr background="bg_top.gif">
    <td background="bg_top.gif" height="60" width="50%" valign="bottom" align="left">NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURELOGO</td>
        <td background="" height="60" width="50%" valign="middle" align="right"><a name="top"></a> 
          &nbsp; </td>
    </tr>
    where i thought "bg_top.gif" might be providing the colour, but removing that didnt appear to make a difference in Actinic or the preview.

Could someone tell me where to look?

Thanks
    Pete

Design | Colours is a good starting place.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi

Design-colours allows me to change the colour of the background, unfortunatly the 'same' colour is used for the menu text, so changing the background to yellow, changes the text to yellow, and thus becomes unreadable. I basically need to 'break' the template and change some of the colours manually.

Pete

Comment

Files like bg_top.gif are generated by Actinic based on the colours selected in Design | Colours. To break this you will have to rename references for bg_top.gif to, say, new_bg_top.gif and create you own new_bg_top.gif. This applies to a number of auto-generated gif files.

Alan Compton
        www.greenknightgames.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X