thumbnail image with pop up window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thumbnail image with pop up window

I am using the thumbnail image field in product details > general.
    I am then using the generate pop up window on click of the image to display extended info and a larger image. I have also changed the productimage to productthumbnailimage on the act_productline page

However this is not working. If I change the settings to use the image field instead of thumbnail image in product details > general and use the productimage variable on the act_productline page it works fine. I can click on my image it generates the pop up with all the details.

So do I have to use the image variable instead of the thumbnail or am I missing something?

Also I have a second problem if you look at this
    http://www.arbrownlow.com/acatalog/Evo-stik.html
    Click on maintenance on the nav link see what happens?
    I have been looking in design options but cannot see anything in there that would help I had a blank image in the default section image of shop defaults I removed this but it did not fix it.

Thx in advance...
    ________
    vapir no2

NQV: PRODUCTIMAGE brings in the content of the Act_ProductImage.html template.

Perhaps if you try copying that code into your Alternate Product Line template and then putting the NQV: PRODUCTTHUMBNAILIMAGE in the right place?

----------

Your second item - what is the problem? The link to nowhere at the bottom of the flyout menu? Possibly something in the help file for the menu script?
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I copied the code from the productimage.html to productlineright.html
      Then changed the ntv to productthumbnailimage and the same thing is happening.. I cannot click on the image to generate a popup if I am using the thumbnail.

Does it matter where I copy the code from productimage too?

The second question maybe I didnt explain properly if you click on this link

Under the green dropdown there is another line
      Online Catalogue > Maintenance > Adhesives & Sealants > Evo-stik

If you click maintenance here....

Comment

You could subvert the Extended Info Button into doing what you want.

I.e. Check the Display by: Extended Info Button for these popups.

Use a Text button (Design / Options / Shop Defaults).

Edit Act_ExtendedInfoButton.html and replace with the following
        Code:
        <!-- Act_ExtendedInfoButton HTML begin -->
        <!-- This template is used for the Extended Info button. -->

<!-- <INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONLABEL" NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:BUTTONNAME" onClick="NETQUOTEVAR:LINK"> -->
        <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:LINK">

<!-- This template is used for the Extended Info button. -->
        <!-- Act_ExtendedInfoButton HTML end -->
        And in your product template put
        Code:
        NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTONNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTTHUMBNAILIMAGE</a>
        Note that you will get an extraneous </a> in your generated pages (which won't hurt) if you don't use a popup on these pages.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman
          I have done as you advised but I think I missed something.
          The extended info button is not showing - Is it ok to seperate the two ntv and have one under the other.

Note that you will get an extraneous </a> in your generated pages (which won't hurt) if you don't use a popup on these pages.

If I dont use a pop up this will show? Can this be changed?
          It is showing for all items at the moment regardless of the pop up activated or not.
          ________
          KTM RC8

Comment

Thumbnail, the imported code would have to go where the current PRODUCTIMAGE NQV is.

On your Maintenance section page, you have a cell height specified here
            <noscript>NorTree (V11) requires JavaScript</noscript></font><font size="1"> </font></p></td><td align="right" height="16" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">&nbsp; </td></tr> </table><p>&nbsp;</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p><BR></p><p>&nbsp;</p><table width="99%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="5" height="12%" align="left"> <tr> <td valign="top" width="836" height="435">
            If you uncompact the HTML and upload, you can find the name of the template that is producing this code, then retick compact and upload again.
            Bill

Comment

If you uncompact the HTML and upload, you can find the name of the template

Have done this where do I find the name of the template?
              ________
              Honda QA50

Comment

Go to the webpage online, and then from the browser (IE?) menu click, View | Source - this will show the html code for the page you are looking at.

In the uncompacted version, you will see the beginning and end of every template marked out by <!-- --> comment markers.
                Bill

Comment

ddddddddddd

Comment

Okay... finally it appears to be in the act_primary page and it is the body of the page as in it includes everything on the primary page except the drop down menu and header image.

So is what your saying that when I click on maintenance this code is included therefore the reason for the large space?

Am I right in saying that most of the other pages bar the brochure page use the primary page? I cannot delete what is there... What can I do to fix it?
                    It is basically blank space so the page has the same layout as the brochure page and if I get rid of it or make it smaller it will look different - is this my only option
                    ________
                    Ducati Mach 3

Comment

In my post #4 I showed you how to make the PRODUCTTHUMBNAILIMAGE clickable to open the popup page.

You've not changed things as I said. I see some escaped HTML (&lt;/a&gt; - appears as </a>) on your pages. Looks like you edited a template with an HTML editor instead of a plain text one like notepad. Best post your template so I can see what you did to it.
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

yes your right i did it in dreamweaver i'll double check
                        that worked fine sorry for time wasting...
                        ________
                        Honda CD100

Comment

Coming back at your post #10.

If you open Act_Primary.html in NotePad (no need to complicate things by bringing DW or any other software into the act) and do a File | Save As, select "All Files" in the File Type box and name it as Act_AltPrimary.html.

Now you can edit this page to remove the empty box you don't need before finally setting that as the Overall Layout template (in Actinic) for the Maintenance page.

------------

All that said, the Ev-Stick page does not display this problem - that indicates you actually already have an alternate Primary layout template - just change the Maintenance page to use the same overall layout template as the Evo-Stick page.
                          Bill

Comment

Can I make this:
                            Online Catalogue > Maintenance > Adhesives & Sealants > Devcon
                            be there for information purposes but not used as active links?
                            ________
                            Honda XRV650

Comment

It appears than when I open the maintenance page with notepad the reason there is a space there is because it is listing the sections under maintenance such as adhesives & sealants and electrical.. you cannot see them on the site however they are there?

http://www.arbrownlow.com/acatalog/Maintenance.html
                              ________
                              Ford information

Comment

Working...
                              X