Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching Sections

Hi,

On my website (www.vicarageframers.com) I want customers to be able to search "Sections" as well as "Products". It is an art website so the artist names are set up as "Sections" and each piece of art is a "Product" within that Section.

When customers search for an artist using the Quick Search box on each page (or the search page) nothing is shown because only "Products" are searched and not the "Section" (artist) where the product resides.

Any help would be much apprechiated.

Thanks,

Matt Wilcock

View | Search Settings, Search Options tab, tick the Allow searching by sections box.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion but this option is already enabled. I think this just adds a combo box on the search page to allow you to search within a particular section. I am trying to configure the search so that if you type in a section name in the quick search or the main search page then the section will be shown. Any other suggestions?

Comment

If you are not using a navigation method that shows your section names, then perhaps adding a dropdown section navigation to your primary template would help.
        Bill

Comment

If it is not possible to achieve my goal then this looks like a good alternative. Could you explain how this can be done? Do I have to copy a variable for the Act_SearchTemplate.html page and paste it into the Act_Primay.html page?
          Thanks

Comment

Page 36 of the Advanced User Guide gives guidance and code to do this. If you don't already have a copy, it can be downloaded from the Actinic Support site (look for downloads/documentation - something like that). Get the word version, not the .pdf - to avoid problems whith code linewrap that happen in the pdf.
            Bill

Comment

Working...
            X