Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about appearance of products

Hello all

i have a huge list of products that i need to upload under weach of my sections.

at the moment i have split them alphabetically.

however because i need to add at least a few hundred more asap i will need to limit the amount of products shown in each category to say around 20 and then have links that take you to the next part. (without having to create more sub-sections)

is that possible in actinic?

To split them up they will have to reside within sections, with the most obvious solution being the next and previous hacks in the advanced user guide, but as far as having hundreds of products within a single section and then selectively showing only some of them on the page, not really possible.

You could go the route of hidden div panels maybe, but the products would all still load within the page, so if you had 200 in there, then 200 is what is loaded every time, so not really good for speed and optimizing your site.

Comment

can somebody then suggest a different structure to adopt that will make it easier for the user?

i do not really fancy as a user going to the website and having to go through 4 levels of hierarchy before i end up in the products

Comment

take a look at Normans Collapso menu system.

we have it live at www.surf-wax.co.uk/acatalog/index.html click on thesurfing section or motocross to see loads of products

it displays top levels only, click on the hyperlink it then displays the contents.

We have implemented this with one page per product

Comment

I extended the next/prev technique described in the KnowledgeBase so that the next & previous links are only visible for related sections. Still has to be maintained manually in separate sections.

Try this link:
          http://www.greenknightgames.co.uk/ac...ily_Games.html

Alan

Comment

alan, jo thanks for the suggestions.

alan i already have the previous/next links which if you are in the A-Z list, they do exactly what they want

jo i think your suggestion will not work.

imagine expandind a section e.g. ps2 games then the sub sections will come out and then even further 100 games under the A-B sub-section

in other words .... nightmare for the customer.

Comment

Just visited your site and noticed some strange redirecting happening on entry to the site?

Comment

that is a simple redirecting file through the index file.

i am trying to implment the .htaccess file because the one i have is putting people off (i think)

Comment

Working...
                X