Using new layout templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using new layout templates

I am using the ‘smart’ theme for my site. I would like to modify it so that the main welcome page does not show the cart sidebar, and the product sections do not show the ‘right bar’.

AFAIU this should be possible by modifying the templates used by the welcome page and product section. So I have saved ACT_primary.html as Act_PrimaryWelcome.HTML and removed the table that had the cart details, saving again. Then I went back to Actinic and used design options-layouts. On the Front page Layout I chose select-browse and chose Act_PrimaryWelcome.HTML. I then clicked apply and ok.

Doesn’t seem to have changed anything

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Pete

Doesn’t seem to have changed anything
    Whereabouts are you looking? - the Actinic Preview window? I find that to get the preview window to update after making template changes, I need to click on some other section, then back on the section I'm interested in.

Are you sure you removed the right bit? Try making someother change (like setting a table border to something other than zero) and see if that shows up.

Alan Compton
    www.greenknightgames.co.uk
    Great board games and cards games you won't find in the High Street

Comment

Hi

I using 'web-offline preview' I assume then that actinic 'makes' all the files to produce the files in the previewhtml folder?

Anyway I commented out the section below:
      Code:
      <!-- the cart table
            <table width="150" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" >

<tr> 
                <td height="22" bgcolor="NETQUOTEVAR:PALCOLOR2CSS" background="tab_pal2.gif" class="actsmallheading"><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;CART DETAILS</b></td>
              </tr>
              <tr> 
                <td class="thinred2"><br>
                   <table width="100" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">
                    <tr> 
                      <td> <div align="left"><span class="actxxsmall"> 
                          <script language="JavaScript">
      						document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS&nbsp;" + getCartItem(3)+"&nbsp;<BR>");
      						document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEVALUE&nbsp;" + getCartItem(1));
      					</script>
                          </span> </div>
                      </td>
                    </tr>
                  </table><br>
                </td>
              </tr>
            </table>
      -->
      using the <!-- so I would not have expected to see the cart still showing. It certainly doesnt in Dreamweaver's design view.

Pete

Comment

Yes, Actinic does regenerate the files for 'web-offline preview'. Looks like the correct table to me.

With 'web-offline preview' I always call up a fresh page, and not rely on the browser refresh.

I don't know about Dreamweaver intergration.

Alan

Comment

I think I found the problem:

Although Act_Primary has code in it for the cart box, the template used by the wecome page is actually Act_BrochurePrimary.html, copy and modifying that, and then selecting it from the welcome page details, seems to have worked.

Thanks
          Pete

Comment

Working...
          X