Linking to pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking to pages

I think I’m going mad…. I am using the ‘smart’ theme for my site, it has a page called ‘More Pages’ that lists things like ‘about us’ etc. That fragment says:’ You can create an 'about us' page and use 'brochureabout1.gif' and 'brochureabout2.gif' as the icons for the navigation bar.’

Hmm ok, I created the page, but how do I link from the fragment to that page? The fragment only seems to allow me to select products and sections to link to.

Also, unless I mark the new page as ‘hide on website’ it appears in the menu below my logo. As I have several of these style of pages to do, basically information about the manufactures, it would look messy for them to appear along the top. I would prefer them to appear as links in the left bar. I assume the ‘correct’ way to get that to happen is to use design options-site defaults and set the left bar to file, use content and then have a separate file containing a list of the links?

Thanks for any help given

Pete

but hiding it really does hide the page

I have worked out that the link seems to be P_About_US.html TARGET="_self

So I assume I need to add P_ before the name of every brochure page I create.

So how do I add brochure pages without them all apearing on the menu at the top?

Should I be adding them as catalogue pages? (ie as I would new product??)

Where does everyone else put pages like Terms and conditions, Postage, FAQ etc

Pete

Comment

The P_ appears as this is just a preview page. For the actual links check out the live site on the servers.

You are probably best doing away with the FOOTERGUIDE (or the navigation version in that theme) and either hard coding the links or using the NAVBCHECKOUT, NAVBCART etc NETQUOTAEVARS's that are available - checkout the Advanced User Guide for a list of these

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Should have mentioned that you will find the NETQUOTEVAR : FOOTERGUIDE in the Act_Primary.html and Act_BrochurePrimary.html templates in the root of the site1 folder.

Replace that with NETQUOTEVAR : NAVBCART ... and the others to build up a semi-manual version of the FOOTERGUIDE

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X