VAT please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT please help

Hi, we are now vat registed and as such I need to update Actinic accordingly.
    We sell mainly to consumers and the price we showfor a product needs to include Vat.

Can someone please give me some guidence on the best way to display Vat.

What we would like and I am not sure if it is possable is to have our current prices remain the same without tax incuded or excluded dispayed.

In the checkout I would like to see a small line in the totals displaying vat for total order.

I dont want customers to get confused with several prices including or excluding.

On the other hand is it possable to have just a vat number displayed and some text stating all prices include vat and leave it at that. In effect leaving vat off. As a retailer we pay a lower rate on overall sales which could be easier to work out.

Thanks
    Wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

We are registered for VAT but do not display any tax in Actinic. In our terms we state that VAT is included, we include our VAT registration number and advise that VAT invoices are only issued on request. Big stores do the same - if you go to Dixons or Currys for example you must ask specially for a VAT invoice. Makes life much simpler for everyone.

Comment

Hi, i was begining to think this was the way to go.
      After a visit to pcworld and requesting a vat receipt the other day.
      Dont get me started on their customer service!

If a customer requests a vat receipt do you manualy type up a copy for them from the original actinic order or do you use anotehr system?

thanks
      wesley
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Slightly at a tangent, but if you don't have actinic calculate the VAT then what do you do with orders from outside the EU and BFPO?

I agree it's confusing the way actnic handles VAT (including the way shipping is presented) but I find it's better to work with it than ignore it completely.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

With Mike on this one - if a retail site show the VAT inclusive prices on the web to avoid confusion and show the VAT through the checkout

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

hi, we have never had bfpo, this was on my to do list.
            Also 99% of orders are uk and europe.

The vat man calculates vat at a percentage of overall sales.
            Approx 2-3% of all sales both on-line and in our shop.

This is the retail rate vat.

Overseas to say the states is another area, would it be best to just charge vat on overseas or is this against the law.
            I would of thought it is better to charge vat than not if in doubt.

wesley
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Wesley,

VAT can only be charged for the EU and the UK, other countries need to be exempt from tax. This has been covered over several threads on the forums.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
              X