Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random uploads of Digital Download Files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random uploads of Digital Download Files?

Hi Guys,

I have noticed that recently Actinic has randomly (Or at least it seems that way) decided to upload all of our digital download files. Now our site deals with video downloads, so I am getting a bit fed up of waiting for Actinic to upload 3-4gb of data just so I can continue with my work.

Is there anyway to specifiy what files are uploaded and what files arn't? Because I would like to be able to upload some files but obviously not all of the ones that are allready uploaded!

Cheers

I'm not sure if this is the answer, so forgive me going off at a tangent, but I wondered if the following may help.

I used to find the same thing happening with my site, which contains around 3Gb of MP3 music files. I would sometimes find that Actinic would wish to re-upload some of these files, in a seemingly randomly manner. I think what was happening was the following:

Actinic re-uploads digital download files that it notices have been 'modifed' since the previous upload. Now, although I hadn't been directly changing my MP3s, I had been opening them in Windows Media Player. As Windows Media Player adds these files to its library/playlists etc., it seems to in fact modify the file's data, albeit very slightly, but enough for Actinic to think the file has been changed. Now I only ever open copies of my download files in WMP, and have never had the same problem since.

I wonder if the same sort of thing is happening with you, i.e. if you are viewing the videos between uploads. It may be best to keep your Actinic download files safe and pristine in one folder and just open or view copies. My point being that if the videos are not modified in any way, Actinic will not re-upload them (unless you do a full refresh of the site).

Comment

Working...
    X