connection problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its one of those stab in the dark suggestions
    which also serves the dual purpose of actually establishing that the two folders do exist and have a known relationship (when they are created manually from an ftp programme, we KNOW they are at the same web folder level) - and confirms that the ftp userid has the necessary permissions on the web root.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

morning all......

I installed Actinic on another machine that I connected to the internet using a modem with no router or firewall and ran the wizard. It gets past the FTP Directory Path stage (its ticked) but at the cgi-bin address stage it produces an error dialog (red circle with a white cross) with the heading ConnectionWizard but no message..... the wizard then closes.

I deleted and re-created the cgi-bin and acatalog folders as suggested, setting permisions to: cgi-bin 755, acatalog 777, and re-run the wizard with the same results.

I go back to my original pc and run the wizard where it gets to the dialog that asks me the web address and then says the server is refusing connections at the moment.

I swap back to the machine with the direct connection, run the wizard but cant get past the host details dialog.

Totally P*** off and wondering why I didnt stay in bed, I surf the net for a while.......

Clicking next on the wizard allows me to move on but then produces the error dialog again.

Surf the net for a while

Back to original PC, click next and WOW the wizard moves on.......
      to find it gets as far as finding the cgi-bin! (never got that far before)

Now its 'analazing the website' ........... took several minutes but got to the cgi-script id dialog,(getting excited now!)
      accepted script id of 1

OH MY GOD! It finished!!!!!!!
      HTTP Proxy: direct

FTP Proxy: direct

FTP Server: ftp.ict-coursework.co.uk
      User: ****
      Password: ******
      Using passive FTP transfers.
      Path to the CGI-BIN Directory:
      cgi-bin/
      Path from the CGI-BIN Directory to the Catalog Directory:
      ../acatalog/

Catalog URL: http://www.ict-coursework.co.uk/acatalog/

Codebase: ./

CGI-BIN URL: http://www.ict-coursework.co.uk/cgi-bin/
      Perl Location: /usr/bin/perl
      CGI Script Extension: .pl
      Path from the CGI-BIN Directory to the Catalog Directory (as viewed from the CGI Script):
      ../acatalog/
      CGI Script ID: 1

Mail Server: localhost
      Email Address: ******
      I hope I NEVER have to run that wizard again. Its taken over 10 hours and I still havent got a clue what the initial problem was.

It does seem as if i need to wait about 10 minutes before clicking on next after each step......

Now to try uploading my website......................

Comment

I will have to run the wizard again............. thats only my test area, will need to run the wizard to set up the site in the real area......

Do I have to run the wizard or will I be able to simply edit the ftp details?

Comment

if the real area uses the same host you can manually edit the network settings and not run the wizard

Comment

Working...
          X