Newsletters and groupmail 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newsletters and groupmail 5

I have installed groupmail 5 and i have figured a large section of it.

my question however is how do i get people to visit my site to register for the newletter?

i have assumed that this should be done outside groupmail using a form and a submit button in my pages (correct me if i am wrong!!)

if that is correct what code do i need to put in the button? (i pressume the code will go on the onclick event for the button

please please someone help me

You need a standalone mailform to collect users data - your server will often supply a mailform script and examples on how to set it up ... or search on the net for a free version. The details are then send via email to you for processing.

Create the HTML page with the mail script and upload to the server ... create a link from Actinic to the new form page

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Newsletter code

Hi,

Agree with what Jont said, but you don't have to put the code on a seperate page. You could encode it within the Actinic templates and have it n every page as we have done here.

Hope this helps...

Garry
      Thanks

Garry

For ALL of your digital photography needs.
      www.photo-scotland.co.uk

Comment

The code you need to add depends on the type of server you use, this links shows how we do our - but we use a windows server, you probably would need a cgi script rather than an asp, this is useful as an example.

http://www.mole-end.biz/ME_Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=77

Your host should be able to provide you with an example mailform for your particular server.

Then you create a new mail user and set up group mail to collect the messages from that user and it will add or remove people from your list as you require.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

i thought some of the editions of groupmail also gave you the subscribe/unsubscribe code

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
            i thought some of the editions of groupmail also gave you the subscribe/unsubscribe code
            Not as far as I know - if you buy group mail (as opposed to using the free one) you can then install the subscriber module, this will check email sent to your designated mailing email address at regular intervals and download these emails and add/remove people to your lists as you require, and send out autoreplies, if can also manage double confirmation for list joining (where people are sent an email to confirm that they want to join the list). It is a nice little product. We have been using it for a couple of years now.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

garry

thats what i am plaaning to do.

looks better

Comment

Yea, we think so.

Groupmail handles everything else, all we need to do is write the newsletter and press the send button....

We also extract customers e-mail addresses, if they have answered yes to be sent a newsletter, from actinic using msaccess and import it into groupmail...

If I can help, just let me know, but you should be able to get the code from the web pages...

We also got our e-mail address encrypted here so that harvesters cannot read it...
                Thanks

Garry

For ALL of your digital photography needs.
                www.photo-scotland.co.uk

Comment

I use GroupMail which I think is excellent. I have the paid for version. They have an add-on which you can use on a pay-per-signup-basis called GroupMetrics. It's easy to design a form in GroupMetrics to collect the data you want and then it gives you the code you need to use.

Have a look at http://www.group-metrics.com

GroupMetrics can also be used on its own without using GroupMail for those of you who want to do that.

hope that helps

cheers

Jane
                  Jane Thurnell-Read
                  200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Comment

Originally posted by ambersoft
                    you don't have to put the code on a seperate page. You could encode it within the Actinic templates and have it on every page
                    .. you can obviously put the subscribe form just about anywhere you like ... I personally prefer a separate page from a simple button (which appears on every page) to save on real estate space on the selling pages and to also include the necessary legal information about how you handle the private infomation and the proceedure for unsubscribing.

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                    X