Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not showing a brochure page

Hi there,
    I have been slowly learning around actinic, figuring out (with help from these here forums) how to make it do what i want it to, but i have found another problem
    I want to 'hide' a brochure page, the page is going to be used as an 'email sent' type of page, with a message saying we will contact them as soon as possible blah blah blah.
    i want to have all the navigation buttons and menus that my other brochure pages have, but i dont want THIS PAGE to appear in the nav buttons its self, is this possible,

Thanks
    Andy
    Incredibid
    www.incredibid.co.uk

You could remove the standard navigation from Act_BrochurePrimary and instead use hard coded links to your brochure pages etc - would just mean some extra maintenance when you add or remove brochure pages.

Comment

Hmmmm, now that just seems to much like hard work!, is that the only way it can be done, as i dont see the point in making that much work just to add one page that is not visable in the navigation links, is the no option somewhere to remove a page from the navigation

Thanks
      SCOOP
      www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

Hang on lads, i've had an idea, but would it work,
        If i create Brochure page in actinic, in the standard way, upload the site, browse to the page i created, and save the html file to me hdd (possibly do this through FTP)
        then, within actinic, remove the brochure page, (keeping the recently saved html file on me HDD) then add the html page to the additional files list so actinic will re-upload it,
        if i am right, that should give me the brochure page with the same layout (and navigation) as my other pages, but that page its self will not show in the actinic navigation,

SCOOP
        www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

I thought that brochure pages were excluded from section lists by default? I've been using NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP for a while now for the site's main navigation and it's not shown anything we have in our brochure pages.

There's no way to exclude certain products from appearing in the navigation, unfortunately. However, most of Actinic's various means of navigation only go so many levels deep into the catalog[ue], so if you needed to hide a product in the catalog[ue], you could just put it at the bottom of a bunch of subsections, thus excluding it from any automatically generated navigation.

Not ideal, I know, but it's a solution.

Comment

i am talking about the links on the left hand side of our page, ( www.incredibid.co.uk ) we have about 5 brochure pages each with a link to them, the links are under the pop out menu, and i want to keep the links to those pages, but i now want to create ONE brochure page that i dont want to keep in that list i want it 'hidden' so it only appears after someone uses an email form which i havent actually got round to building the page for but do have a working formmail system, i am trying to set everything up correctly before i set the form up live,

SCOOP
            www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewPK
              Hang on lads, i've had an idea, but would it work,
              If i create Brochure page in actinic, in the standard way, upload the site, browse to the page i created, and save the html file to me hdd (possibly do this through FTP)
              then, within actinic, remove the brochure page, (keeping the recently saved html file on me HDD) then add the html page to the additional files list so actinic will re-upload it,
              if i am right, that should give me the brochure page with the same layout (and navigation) as my other pages, but that page its self will not show in the actinic navigation,

SCOOP
              I think this would probably work - until you change any page that would affect the navigation of course. The 'orphaned page' would then not have the correct navigation.

Comment

Ahhhh, see i descovered that when i checked if it would work!, a simple work around set up page->upload site->ftp the html page to me hdd->then set the page to 'hide on website'

That way if i make a change that changes the navigation, all i have to do is un-hide and upload, and hey presto a new version of the page ready for me to ftp back to me hdd, works like a charm

The only thing i had to do is change the name of the page on me hdd slightly (so it didn't confilict with the html page actinic generates, but other than that it works PERFECTLY

SCOOP
                www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X