Navigation Button Links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation Button Links

I would like the text link buttons in my sites navigation to appear consistantly on every page. At the moment there are two sections, the buttons that appear in Act_Primary and the ones that appear in Act_BrochurePrimary. I would like a combination of the two so that View Basket and Checkout appear on the Home Page.

I tried copying and pasting the code for each button from P_index to P_SiteRoot_index i.e.

<!-- NavigationItem HTML begin -->
    <!-- This file is used to build the navigation item markup. -->
    <Actinic:TEMPLATE type="begin" filename="C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Out of the Blue\Act_NavigationItem.html"/>

&nbsp;<A HREF="../../../Act_PreviewWarningPage.html?ACTION=Start" TARGET="_self" onMouseOver="SwapImage('nav_order','../order2.gif')" onMouseOut="RestoreImage()"><span class="actxxsmall"><b>Checkout</b></span></A>&nbsp;

<Actinic:TEMPLATE type="end" filename="C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Out of the Blue\Act_NavigationItem.html"/>

This did not work. I then copied the NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERGUIDE from Act_Primary to Act_BrochurePrimary replacing NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE. This meant I lost the additional pages I had added with individual HTML elements commented out inside the Fragments.

Is there a way I can achieve both elements of the navigation text links consistantly so that they don't jump around?

In Actinic - Help - Help Topics - Index - Navigation Bar - use the individual NETQUOTEVARS for the links you want to show.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Thanks Bill.

What are the variable names for the additional pages that I have created and added the commented out HTML to the Fragment? These are such pages as About Us and Visit Us.

Comment

There won't be any NETQUOTEVARS for link buttons to pages that you've added yourself. You'll have to add these as HTML.

Alan

Comment

Thanks Alan.

I have added the buttons as HTML but I can't get the links to work. I used the tag:

<a href="PreviewHTML/P_About_us.html"> button </a>

As this is where the page is located. When I preview it in the browser it just goes to a blank page.

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Comment

The P_ prefix is only used for the offline preview - best to hardcode direct to the page on the internet eg: http://www.site.com/acatalog/About_us.html

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X