X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Write Cookie ACTINIC_CONTACT

In Breif:

I cant seem to find the cookie ACTINIC_CONTACT
    I'd like to know the format the cookie takes so I can replicate it.

Original Msg -->

Hi,

Is it possible to have a custom made log-in area on my site that grabs users details from a mysql database and inserts the details to create the cookie ACTINIC_CONTACT ?

This way I could have people manage their account details outside of actinic but still be able to have actinic load the details in for checkout stage.

The problem is that I cant seem to find the cookie ACTINIC_CONTACT in my temp folders. My site remembers my details when I click 'Remember me' so I guess I must be getting the cookie.

Can I not view the cookie because it was issued in the checkout stage which is on a secure server?

I'd like to know the format the cookie takes so I can replicate it. Any one see any potential problems with this idea?

M.

Ne one..

Not alot known about actinic cookies?

Comment

What browser are you using? This will affect where the cookies will be stored.

Comment

The cookie can be found in the internet browser, eg in Firefox, if you go to "Tools | Options | Cookies" and "View Cookie", you should be able to see the shop cookie. On the server, there is a session file, which talks to the internet browser cookie. The session files holds the cart details. If you are using IE, then
        it will be in "Tools | Internet Option | General | Settings | View File"

As for
        Is it possible to have a custom made log-in area on my site that grabs users details from a mysql database and inserts the details to create the cookie ACTINIC_CONTACT ?
        I dont think we will be able to support you with this bit. I have provided the information of the location of the cookies and will leave the rest to you to experiment with.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X