upload problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upload problems

I've just tried to upload some changes one of my clients sites (www.constructionchemicals.co.uk) and ran into some problems. Actinic got as far as A000.cat and then froze.
    Not only does this mean I have to restart Actinic but it buggers the site up too and I've had to manually upload the A000.cat file using Dreamweaver to get it up and running again.
    This is a recurring problem with this site and I don't seem to have any problems uploading changes to other sites.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    David
    david@achroma.co.uk

Under network settings have you tried using passive FTP and also increasing the time out under FTP options?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

continuing problem

Hi
      Ticked the passive FTP box and tried again... and Actinic hung again, requiring me to upload the A000.cat file again via dreamweaver.
      Opened Actinic again and the passive FTP button was unticked and the FTP Options button is greyed out.

Comment

problem solved. I reticked the passive FTP box and tested the settings and everything went through okay, so I tried to reload the site and hey presto!
        Thanks for the help jont!
        Any comments regarding the site would be welcome.

Comment

same problem

hi all!
          i got the same error message tonight after adding rather a lot of product to the site today. ive unticked the ftp transfer and it seems to be going through okay until
          error message: connection with the server was reset
          i did expect it to be slow uploading because of the amount of product ive added. i havent made any other changes to the settings at all.
          it finally uploaded after 3 attempts but refuses to do it with the ftp transfer ticked.
          any suggestions gratefully recieved please.
          sharon
          http://www.siam925.com

Comment

Sharon,

In the Advanced | Network Settings window, check to see if you have 'Use Enhanced FTP' selected. If selected, then click on the 'FTP Options' button on the right and tick 'Enabled' under 'Silent Running' increase the 'Retry Delay' and click on OK, then on 'Apply'. Now run a test to see if all passes. Upload and check.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X