Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More upload problems

Back again!

I've just noticed that none of the alterations I've made to the site are showing (yes I have tried refreshing the page).
    Looking at the site in dreamweaver While some of the files were updated, none of the html files have been.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    David

Are you changing the Act_Templates in the root of the site1 folder or the files in the SiteHTML or PreviewHTML folders?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi I'm using Actinic developer and making the changes there (just alterations to product names and prices etc.) and uploading them via Actinic.
      I'm just using Dreamweaver to check the uploaded files.

However if I use Dreamweaver to look at the pages in the PreviewHTML folder they are the unaltered/old HTML files, but if I preview the page in Actinic it is the correct one.

Comment

Are the pages on the web correct? There is a legacy function to generate the whole site (a v6 function) but that is not really used and it will through up a warning message. Are you viewing the SiteHTML folder before or after the upload?

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Spotted the problem I think - but I don't know how it happened.
          I'm using Webfusion to host the site and on their system the HTML files (including the Acatalog folder) is in a folder called public_html.
          However there is another copy of the Acatalog folder outside this public_html folder which is the one being updated by Actinic whenever I upload the changes.
          I tried deleting this extra copy of Acatalog and the site went down. I reloaded the site using actinic and it started working again.

Comment

me again, checked the paths from CGI-BIN and there was no public_html in there, so that's the problem I think.
            Hurray!! seems to be working okay and the updates are showing.
            Thanks for the help in pointing me in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
            X