need to make a section link invisible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to make a section link invisible

Ok, so i have been doing a slight re-arange of our site, in each section i have product images, with price for each item, then each item, has its own page with full description and any extra images (example)
    i have been doing this buy giving each product its own page, and then putting a duplicate (with the text removed to keep google happy ) one level up, then linking from the duplicate to the REAL product listing and setting the section list placement to 'none'

However i have now hit a problem i have a page here that needs to keep the first the product sections visable (burns, Patrick Eggle, and switch) but i need to lose the one that says 'Other Electric Guitars' but if i set the Section list placement to NONE i will lose the 3 i want keeping,

Is there a way to make JUST ONE section link invisable, i was thinking about the possiblity of a dummy template but dont know A) if it would work, b) where to start with making an 'invisiblity' template

Any Ideas
    SCOOP
    www.incredibid.co.uk

One trick (depending on your site as I am unable to view) is to use a "space" for the section name (actinic allows a space in there) and set the image to an invisible gif

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

WOOOOHOOOO, thanks Jont, went with your idea, which very nearly worked, bu t i am using the 'black box' style section links form my pages. so the original plan just resulted in a empty black box, 20 seconds of thought later, and i changed the layout of THAT SECTION ONLY to 'image only-no text shown,' and a 1x1 white pixel image, JOB DONE

Plus using this method lets me keep the section name "other electric guitars" so my menu on the left (one of those funkey pop out java thingys) still looks good, and so does the line of txt at the top, showing where abouts you are navigation wise,

Thanks
      SCOOP
      www.incredibid.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X