Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Customer Accounts

Anyone any ideas ?

When I create a new customer account and I go into the tab to send email - there is always an existing customer -but a different customer that has already been setup and not the new customer.

I have to delete the email, purge and then go in again and resend the email from within actinic.

I have tried compacting and repairing the database - but this hasn't helped at all...
    For Everyday Pet Products
    www.pet-bliss.com

For Doggy Bling and Clothes
    www.poshpaws.ie

Are you doing this all in one go - or are you closing the box to complete the new customer registration and then re-opening and choosing the mail tab?

I would not expect switching tabs during the creation to work.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I'm closing the box to complete customer registration and then going into the mails.
      www.pet-bliss.com

www.poshpaws.ie

Comment

I would suggest raising a support ticket on this one. We may need to take a look at a snapshot / database to get to the bottom of the issue.

http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Did this get resolved?

I was wondering if you could help?

did the above thread get resolved, if so what was the outcome - reason I ask it that it's doing exactly the same for me.

Thanks

Linda
          www.aloevera-and-you.com
          Best Regards
          www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
          www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
          www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Comment

Linda,

The issue with the wrong email address has been declared a bug. It has not been resolved as yet and is still ongoing.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Linda,

Can you send me a snapshot of the site please. Email it to bksupport at actinic.co.uk . I will pass this to development so that they can take a look and see what is happening and perhaps be able to get to the bottom of the issue.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

This happens to me too, but when I create the new customer account I close the window, go back in and edit customer and usually it works fine then.
                Breda

Comment

Applying Customer Account To New Order

Is there any way form me to apply an existing customer account to a new order?

What is happening is customer's that already have an account are not signing in. When a new order is received, since they already have a customer account, I want to apply it to the new order - so that the new order is tied to the customer account.

Is it possible?

jennifer
                  Jen
                  www.absolutetechservices.com

Comment

Jennifer,

This is not possible with v7 but is a feature available with v8.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Did this issue ever get fixed ?

I have 8.5.1 and the problems are still occuring - hence I've removed customers from setting up accounts.
                      www.pet-bliss.com

www.poshpaws.ie

Comment

Do you split order processing and use hierarchical import to move accounts from one machine to another, if so that can cause problems where orders are attributed to the wrong accounts, if it is this, then you should use snapshots to transfer customer accounts not import / export.

We use accounts in 8.5.1 by the way and use import as a way of creating them and don't have any problems with emails being set incorrectly. How are you creating your accounts?

Regards
                        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                        Multichannel order processing
                        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I create accounts on one PC manually (Laptop 1). Then I do a snapshot and import onto our computer (Computer 2) that contains the orders.

You've got me thinking though - could it be a case that someone has placed an order before the customer account on Laptop 1 gets sent over to Computer 2 ?
                          www.pet-bliss.com

www.poshpaws.ie

Comment

Working...
                          X