transferring stock from sage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transferring stock from sage

I am having a great time trying to transfer my stock figures from Sage v11 to Actinic using v7.06 of developer. I have used a product ref table in the link which imports ok but when I run it I get an error file full of the following error for each product:

in Prodref Translation Processor; Sage product code: '1886-24840' does not have a matching Actinic product Reference in the translation tab of the Actinic Link interface. The product can't be transferred from Sage to Actinic until a corresponding product reference is assigned in the product reference translation tab of 'Sage to Actinic'.

When I run it for a test single product the sageexport.txt file contains:

Header:Product Product Reference Stock in hand
    Product 2 4

and the sageimportfail files contains:

Line 2: An invalid Product could not be imported.
    Line 2: The short description of the product must not be blank.

This is the correct stock no from sage and correct product code in Actinic but on import into Actinic the 4 value does not come through. I have all the obvious settings made.

Is this the correct syntax for the sageexport file line or should it contain the original Sage code?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

It sounds as if you have autogenerate product referrences switched on in Actinic (view / business settings / options tab to check that), it should be switched off so that the Sage numbers can be imported.

The message about short description means that you need to also export the product name from sage as well as the reference and the number in stock. You can't create a product with no name.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Problem solved!

Jan

Thanks a lot - that solved it. I had thought that by bringing in all the product details it would overwrite my actinic descriptions and that the product ref table was sufficient for it to link but obviously not.

Best regards
      Pete

Comment

Not fixed after all - product translator problem

I had tried what you said on a small set of 4 products which loaded fine from Sage to Actinic. When I transferred the full product details it loaded all of these into Actinic without mapping any of them creating new products. Setting the link to load stock only worked fine though.

However on returning to my live system with 250 products only a few of them mapped and made it to the load file. The rest gave me a the same error message:

in Prodref Translation Processor; Sage product code: '1886-24840' does not have a matching Actinic product Reference in the translation tab of the Actinic Link interface. The product can't be transferred from Sage to Actinic until a corresponding product reference is assigned in the product reference translation tab of 'Sage to Actinic'.

Further experimentation led me to find the product reference translator not working properly. If I loaded a table it first crashed. On trying again it seemed to work ie it loaded all my values from my CSV file but on running the process got the error message above. I then reselected the values manually in the product translation table and hey presto they worked even though they showed exactly the same as before in the table. I think the problem is down to trailing blanks as my Sage references vary in length so are all set to 21 characters.

My conclusion is that the product translator works fine if you have equal length Sage codes or manually fill in the table but does not when importing a csv table with different length Sage codes.

Comment

Supplemental fix

I used the trim function in excel to remove all leading and trailing blanks in my product translation table which did the trick. I have now got all my products going through the translator and into Actinic - stock only. The link still crashes each time you load a new table but just ignore this and go back in a second time and it works.

Comment

Working...
          X