• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May be wrong
    Yes you are - read carefully what I am saying

Comment

Malcolm,

I read what you wrote several times - and still was left wondering what you are talking about.

The OP is using SMART theme - and this uses the web page title as the navigation link back to the page.

To achieve the desired results, the Knowledgebase article Mr Bump kindly linked to DOES show the correct procedure.

With the House Icon selected, enter HOME as the page title. Create a CUSTOMVAR to hold the desired PUBLIC page title.

From Advanced | Template Manager, open the Brochure tab Main template, and before doing anything else, save to a new name. Add the CUSTOMVAR between the <tiltle></title> tags in the head area of this new template and save.

Now assign this new template ONLY to the home page.

Your fragment business would let a user find the word home on the page - but the OP wants top see HOME in the site navigation.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Works for me Bill?

Comment

Before posting I opened a new site in developer, applied the smart theme and followed your directions.

I thought you had found a shorcut that saved the need to create an alternate template - though I also thought it sounded somewhat unlikely - why would one fragment on one page affect navigation link text, while every other fragment on every other page does not?

Anyway, before expressing my opinion, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried out what you said. It did not work, and quite honestly I do not see how it ever could.

Could it be that you are playing with this on a site that already has alternate navigation hard coded?

One thing we always try to do here is keep the amount of false information to a minimum. I've personally been corrected a few times (mostly by Jan and Norman - my thanks to both, keep reigning me in )
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Could it be that you are playing with this on a site that already has alternate navigation hard coded
            You are right Bill - I had opened an old site that used the theme but I had altered the nav elements so they did work the way I described. I generally alter the nav so I dont know why I forgot this one - brain burnt out by palying with V8 maybe. I opened a new site and did it your way and it worked OK.

Good job Im going on holiday - I obviously need it.

Sorry to June for leading you up the garden path.

Comment

Hi,

Many, many thanks for your contributions
              At long last it now works - I had left the long title in the main home title tag - when I should have inserted HOME there before making the customvar amendments

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X