Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert catalog

Hi Folks,

I am in Advanced Network Setup and I am looking at the Convert function...

I get an alert message telling me

Are you sure you want to convert your Actinic Host catalog to a normal mode catalog?

I am not familiar with this function, any one knows what this is?

Many many thanks

Max

Help | Help Topics - search tab - convert, brought up a page which included this little snippet.

If you have a trial copy of Actinic and you want to upload it to your own website then go to 'Advanced | Network Setup' and click the 'Convert…' button. Click 'Yes' on the window that appears and you will be able to configure your store to upload as described in What Do You Need To Get Your Store Online?.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Are you sure you want to convert your Actinic Host catalog to a normal mode catalog?
      Use Actinic host mode whilst using Actinic trial space

when you move to the webspace you will use for your live site you will use this option to take yourself out of trial mode.

Comment

Normal mode is where you are hosting your site on your own domain, with no real 'server side' requirements of operation apart from the basics.

Host mode is an early specific portal mode, where the hosting provider operates the Actinic Host mode system, and you operate your website within there domain name as a sub-folder, which is how (I believe) the trials is operated, i.e. host mode under a single domain.

So, when using the trial you use host mode, when using it under your own webspace, then in normal mode, unless you are using a Host mode compliant host and under there domain.

Comment

make sense now

many thanks for ur help,

Max

Comment

Working...
          X