Primary Template for Info & Search Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primary Template for Info & Search Pages

I would like the 'base page' to have a central image that does not appear on other pages. I have managed to do this for all pages except the info page and the search results page by using alternate primary templates.

Can alternate primary templates be used for the search and info pages, or is there another way of achieving this? What makes up the 'Bulk' for the base page - can this be amended instead?

Thanks in advance

What you could do is go into the Search template and add the code you want shown at the top of that page, also if you want to further customise the results then you can do this also.

Hope it helps.....

Comment

Thanks for replying, but I don't think you've fully understood what my problem is.

I want my actinic base page (index.html in this case) to have a central image that doesn't appear on any other page. The way I have achieved that is to include an image tag in the default overall layout template (act_primary.html). I am then overiding all other catalog pages to use an alternate layout template (act_primary_cat) that does not have the image.

My problem is I can't override the search results and info pages from using anything other than the act_primary template, and so my base page image also appears on these pages. Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks again

Mark Turner

Comment

Try going into Design | Options | Layouts tab.

Change the Front Page layout to the template that has the image code within it, and the and change the default layout to the one without the image within it.

Then ensure that within all of your sections etc either use Parent template or assign them the template without the image within it.

Hope this does the job for you.....

Comment

Thanks again for your help.

Is the layouts tab a V6 option as I don't appear to have that. I have recently received the V6 software, but have not migrated to it yet. If so, I'll arrange an upgrade before continuing.

Thanks
          Mark Turner

Comment

yes its a v6 option, sorry didn't see this was in the v5 support thread area, apols, but atleast you have the v6 to go with so this should solve the problems...

All the best......

Comment

Working...
            X