Remove Brackets from (Prices in Britsh £) in Shopping Basket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Brackets from (Prices in Britsh £) in Shopping Basket

Which Perl file do I have to edit and which code in order to remove these brackets?
    Thank you

I thin k if you go to design options text it is one of the entries in there.
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Thanks for your reply Donna, but unfortunately it isn't as easy as that. The text is there but the brackets aren't. When I remove the text and upload the site I get
      Shopping Basket ()

Comment

Hi Esther.
        You could remove NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCAPTION from Act_ShoppingCartXML.html and replace it with CUSTOMVAR:CARTCAPTION.

Then go into ADVANCED | CUSTOM PROPERTIES and add CARTCAPTION as a new custom property.

Finally go to DESIGN | OPTIONS | SITE DEFAULTS and add the property CARTCAPTION using whatever you want it to say.

Granted this is a little bit messy but I don't know another way to do it.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Comment

Thank you Dave, but I don't think this will do the trick because the brackets will still be there.
          I'm pretty sure it is something I have to edit in the perl page.
          I have read a similar post (Search for "Shipping Cost Brackets") regarding removing brackets from a shipping price and you just delete them from the perl script. What I want to know is which one and which bit of script.
          Thank you

Comment

Hi Esther.
            It will get rid of the brackets because they are added in as part of NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCAPTION.

NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCAPTION is made up as follows:

[DESIGN | TEXT | WEBSITE | 'Shopping Cart'] + ( + [DESIGN | OPTIONS | SHOP DEFAULTS | 'Receipt Currency Label'] + )

If you take NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCAPTION out and replace it with your own CUSTOMVAR:CARTCAPTION only your text will be displayed.

If you can find a perl script that puts the brackets in then admittedly this is a neater solution but the above does work.

Dave

:-)

Comment

Working...
            X