ProductLine template question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProductLine template question

Is there a way to add the immediate Section name to the template so the name appears above the Product Short Description and Full Descrition?

What I'm after is Manufacturer (Section), Product Title (Short Desc.) Description (Full Desc.) on separate lines next to the picture.

Also, would I alter the text appearence by adding the color code and font size in the template, or add to the the css file and pull it in somehow?

Originally posted by antnb
    Also, would I alter the text appearence by adding the color code and font size in the template, or add to the the css file and pull it in somehow?
    Most of the original code is handled by <span class="x"> tagging of the various elements - you may find it more beneficial in the long term to dispense with the generic .actxsmall class (or whatever) in lieu of your own .productDescription class to make specific changes and not site wide changes which happens if you alter the .actxsmall class

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank you for the help.

I still can't find a way to add the section name to the product template (Act_Productline). I have tried Netquotevar:sectionname which prints out as "Netquotevar:sectionname", and Netquotevar:include Act_ParentSectionsThis, which does the same.

Is it at all possible to include section variables in product templates? Am I changing the wrong template?

At the moment I'm putting the Manufacturer name in Short Description and then in Full Description I'm adding the Product Title, and a couple of <BR>'s and continuing with the Product Description, so I can get three separate lines of text: Maker, Item , Description

Comment

try NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER

Comment

Thanks fro the advice.

That pulls in the Short Description, but not the top section name.

I 've added a CUSTOMVAR to the Act_ProductLine which references the Maker name I add to the top section properties and I can share that between the products withinin the section. Seems to do the trick for now.

Comment

Working...
          X