Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different act-primarys needed

Hi,

Still struggling to get to grips with how to modify templates. Am using dreamweaver. Trying to find out how to apply different elements (e.g., removing td border on a particular page) to different pages. When I open the preview-html in dw (p-index-html) the templates are the same for many of the pages so when I remove the border in act-primary it applies through the whole site. How can I modify a single page - this applies both at section level and product level. Would I use dw for this? Can I modify a single page and save the changes without tinkering with the templates and regenerating??

Thanks

Emma

You can use different Act_Primary templates for each if the product sections you need ... brochure pages are handled by Act_BrochurePrimary.html.

So to modify a single page save the Act_Primary as say Act_Primary_No_Border after removing the border detail and then against the section you need it appearing set the layout to the new template. The others will still default to the standard Act_Primary

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by Emma H
      Can I modify a single page and save the changes without tinkering with the templates and regenerating?
      Not really as Actinic compiles the stored information from the database (product details etc) into the various templates... changing the templates is needed to change a page.

You can modify the generated page and upload that to the server but this will need repeating each time you upload Actinic as the pages are generated afresh from the templates

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
      X