Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summary listing / futher details listing problem

Hi

i have been constructing a site selling wines.
    i want to have my products laid out in summarised form with each linking to a more details page.

I have chosen to not use the extended info view for the futher details page.

Take for example Burgundy section - i have setup wine products inside Burgundy, to give the summary listing, using a stripped down product template.

To get the further details view i've put in a subcategory inside burgundy for each product (named the same as the product). Under each subcategory i've pasted a duplicate of the master product, using a more detailed template.

This works very well in terms of the UI and has breadcrumbs, buy button, custom vars in the further info view. Excellent.

The problem is now that when you buy from both summary and futher details views of the SAME product you get 2 entries in the basket. I should have seen this coming (after thinking that i had got it all cracked!).

Is there anyway i can stop the double entry for the 'same' product being added from different views?

Any help gratefully received.

Alas this is the way it works as a duplicate is prefixed with a !1, !2, !3 etc depending on how many times it has been copied (and possibly the SID values) ... Actinic see's these as different products... your bottles of Chassagne Montrachet is different depending on where it is added to from the site.

Somebody may know a hack around this but you are experiencing the default action.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
    X