Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop down menu for top level sections

Hi ,
    I have been trying to follow the advanced user guide to add a drop down menu for my top level section for this site: http://clientel-testsite.co.uk/acatalog/

I added the javascript in the head tags, added the '../' before the javascript files needed and entered the code where I want my drop down to appear (however i think i have probably misinterpreted this bit!)

Does anyone have an idiot proof set of instructions for this?

The errors I am receiving are 'CreateArray' is undefined, Expected ; and Object Expected

Thanks in advance,

Tracey

Some extraneous ../ need removing from these lines.
    Code:
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="../Act_section_tree.js"></SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="../actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="../actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
    try
    Code:
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_section_tree.js"></SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Also, this line:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="Act_section_tree.js"></SCRIPT>

needs to be underneath the line that references actiniccore.js

Comment

Thanks

Cheers for your quick responses,

I have corrected the links to the javascript files and moved the call to Act_section_tree.js to the right place. Checked the function ACT_DropListBox in the head tag and added the following code wher I want the drop down to appear:

Code:
        <form name="Act_SectionDroplist">
        <script
        language=Javascript1.1>document.write(ACT_DropListBox(sections))</script>
        </form>
        Getting errors 'Object expected' and 'Expected ;' Have noticed the NETQUOTEVAR:FORMBEGIN is below the above code and have tried moving this above with no joy, am i missing something?

Here is the URL of the site: http://www.clientel-testsite.co.uk/acatalog/

Tracey

Comment

Please remove this line
          Code:
          Advanced Users Guide - 35
          from the top of the code and it should work.

I found this out by viewing your site via Firefox - which has a much better Javascript checker in it.

Comment

Working...
          X