using actinic to capture ebay credit card details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using actinic to capture ebay credit card details

I have tried paypal on ebay but the cost is too high and not worthwhile. As we have a regular credit card account is there a way to take credit card orders and then get the information sent directly to the payment cart so the process might be:

user buys item
    selects use credit card
    clicked through to actinic cart with some reference that is captured or inout by the user
    then dealt with in the normal checkout procedure.

Thanks

john

I'm pretty new to Actinic and haven't got as far as that section yet but I'm pretty sure that you can but you will need a secure site as (I think) the card details are notified to you and then you have to put them through a swipe machine or online card processor but that would be if you had your own website. I don't know how you can use Actinic with eBay.

We use Protx, for our online transactions, who are very competative but I don't think you can integrate into eBay, I'm guessing your customer would need to call you with their card details. You can then take the payment online via their website without the need for a swipe machine.

You mention you have a credit card account already is it for a swipe machine? The reason I ask is that we've had to set up 2 Merchant Accounts, one for the swipe machine in the shop and another for online transactions (something to do with legal requirements) so going for Protx or another online payment processor would need another merchant account.

I know I haven't answered your original question but it gives you some other options !

Hayley

Comment

If you read the terms and conditions of ebay you will find that this is a banned practice and will result in your ebay listing being removed or your shop closed. Even a link to your website is not allowed - I tell all my clients who have ebay shops to report any competitor on ebay who has such a link.

Ebay gets the majority of its profits from Paypal so is keen for seller to use it, if you buy outside of ebay then customers do not get the protection offered by ebay.

Comment

I thought eBay showed 'Credit Card Payments' as being a seperate method of payment to Paypal when you list a product.

It's a long time since I've used eBay so I don't know whether that's still the case.

Comment

I think that refers to paying by card over the phone. Any link that transfers people from the ebay site is not liked - paying by phone you will still complete the transaction in ebay.

Why not email them and ask if it is possible - they can be very helpfull and you can post the upto date answer here.

Comment

Looking at the ebay website:

You can set up eBay Checkout to take credit card payments and require buyers to provide their credit card information. If the buyer is using a credit card, contact the card issuer and verify that the name on the card matches both the shipping information and contact information. If you have any doubt about the identity of the buyer, you should contact the credit card company to validate payment before shipping the item. If you have a commercial business that accepts credit cards from customers (not just through eBay), using eBay Checkout, you can select the cards you accept.
            This has changed slightly since I last looked. I dont know if it is possible to transfer them to an Actinic site but it looks like you can get the card details.

Comment

Checkout Redirect functionality is currently available to all Developer Program members who are Standard App Certified. To find the cost and benefits, please visit the Member Benefits and Fees page of the Developers Program website.

Developers who wish to implement Checkout Redirect will also be required to sign an additional API Usage License. To begin the process of implementing Checkout Redirect, please send an email to developer-relations@ebay.com.
              From the Ebay Developers pages - it looks like you can reirect the checkout but you will need to jump through some hoops to become a developer at a cost by the looks of it.

Maybe someone is an ebay developer and can fill us in a bit more. This is new to me (not looked for a while) but could be of interest to several of the sites I run.

Comment

Working...
              X