Brochure Upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brochure Upload

On uploading my site i cant see any of the brochure pages and the acatalog index is the first shop page! What have i done wrong!
    I am uploading my files manually.

Also, when I do a search I get an error message that the Oldtext.fil file is missing from acatalog.........but i cant see it anywhere in my Site1.

Help fully appreciated!
    >>www.ammocity.com<<

When uploading, Actinic uploads a file called 'SiteRoot_index.html' to the root of your website and then renames it as 'index.html'. If you are uploading manually then you will need to recreate this.

With regards to 'oldtext.fil', check the main help file and go to the section on 'Advanced - putting your store online | Generate and send the website files'. There are some steps to follow there.

Comment

which main help file

you mean the advanced user guide???

I dont see the help files ???
      >>www.ammocity.com<<

Comment

Go to 'Help | Help Topics' or press 'F1' on your keyboard.

Comment

no help

there is no actual help on the matter. The help guide says that you can upload your brochure in the level below the catalog pages. I have done this manually via ftp.

However, this doesnt answer my problem about the Oldtext.fil not existing. There is no mention of this anywhere, although i belive it is integral to the search function.

Please can someone enlighten me?

Thankyou for your time.
          >>www.ammocity.com<<

Comment

Try this (from the main help)

An advanced method exists for transferring the online catalog files to the web site. This will generate the files separately from uploading them, allowing you to carry out any customisations on the generated files, if required.

First select the Advanced | Generate Web Site menu to create the files to be installed at the web site.

If necessary you can now modify these files if you cannot achieve a desired feature using the Ecommerce interface. We don't recommend this course of action, as every time the files are generated, you will have to reapply the changes.

Now select the Advanced | Send Files menu to upload them to the web site.

You will also need to upload the latest changes to the search index, shipping files, tax data etc.
            To do this:

1. Go to the site folder on your PC (normally 'Site1')

2. Look for all files called new*.fil

3. Rename them all to old*.fil

4. Manually upload all the old*.fil files to the 'acatalog' folder on your web site.

This process is recommended only for those users experienced in using Actinic Ecommerce and hosting a web site.

Comment

i cant see any of the brochure pages and the acatalog index is the first shop page
              if acatalog index is default page, then discuss this with your host as they will have mapped your site to go direct to acatalog and thus bypassing root which is where the brochure pages are

Comment

Working...
              X