Simple Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Search

The simple search function is working on every page of a clients site (homepage, product pages & brochure pages) but generates a "script error" from the acatalog/index.html page.. this is the only page an error is generated.

Only 2 templates are being used throughout Act_Primary.html and Act_BrochurePrimary.html .. which in effect are basically the same code and are calling the same Act_SimpleSearch.html template.

working : **link removed** (brochure)
    working : ** link removed (product)

not working : ** link removed **

.. any ideas why it will not work from this one page but is OK from the rest?

TIA

John

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Tried the search on the home page and as you said it did not work - script error. I then did a search on a brouchure page and it worked ok - navigated back to the home page using the text link and did a search and it worked!

Comment

Thanks Malcolm,

did you click back onto the "shopfront" link (acatalog/index.html) or the "Home" link (index.html) .... it is the "shopfront" linked page that causes the error

Bikster

Comment

It was the home page that gave me the initial error - I remember because of petes tumbling clown which he had problems with last year.

Comment

Why not just remove the shopfront link - its not needed as all the sections are on the nav bar

Comment

Aye - have to love that tumbling clown

From the main homepage (with tumbling clown) the search is OK for me using FF, IE and Opera ... it is OK for Pete as well ... could you possibly try again please to see if it is still causing an error?

Bikster

Comment

Tried again and its still working ok for me - may have been a connection problem at my end. I will give it a go later today as well.

Comment

Aplogies for bumping - can anyone else suggest why the simple search will not work from 1 page which is using the same default templates?

Holding off sending the ACD to Actinic.

Bikster

Comment

That old chestnut - nested forms.

You open one way up here

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.yoursite.co.uk/cgi-bin/ca000001.pl"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="SHOP" VALUE=""> <A NAME="sectiontop"><DIV ALIGN="CENTER"> </DIV> <TABLE width="100%"><TR><TD WIDTH="100%">
                  <DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><TABLE BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="10"><TR><TD ALIGN="LEFT" VALIGN="TOP"><div class="sectionImageWrap"><A HREF=">
                  and it is still open when you open the <form around the simplesearch.
                  Last edited by wjcampbe; 25-Jul-2006, 12:44 PM. Reason: remove site specific code
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Cheers Bill.

Not at an Actinic PC so unable to see why the nesting has gone wrong. Still very bizarre it workes everwhere else other than that page! Oh well

Bikster

Comment

Just to update the thread in case others experience a similar issue ....

Moving the simple search to a more user friendly place managed to kill the main <form> on the 1 page ... I resolved this by closing the </form> in Act_CatalogBody.html.

Still strange how it was only affecting the one page. Oh well - added it to the list of Actinic peculiarities

Bikster

Comment

Working...
                      X