Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Testing out my shop on Actinic Server?

I would like to test out my site i have created on the free actinic server
    as i also need to modify some of the checkout pages to suit my theme, but I cant do this as i cant preview the checkout pages locally on my pc.

Can someone please point me in the direction of the actinic free server?
    Is there a 30 day limited access on there or something???

Thanks.

Gavin,

You can register for 30 days free hosting for your Actinic Product @ http://trials.actinic.com/

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Gavin

You 'could' also set up your pc to accept Actinic. Reference is in the AUG.

Once set up it really is a benefit to have when developing sites.

Regards
      Daren
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
        Hi Gavin

You 'could' also set up your pc to accept Actinic. Reference is in the AUG.

Once set up it really is a benefit to have when developing sites.

Regards
        Daren
        Sorry you've lost me completely?!

Comment

No worries

If you download the Advance Users guide there is a step by step section at the back on how to set up your pc to act as a server so you can upload your site to the space you have created (does that make sense...Monday morning syndrome)

You can then view it by viewing at http://localhost/ or http://127.0.0.1

Regards
          Daren

Comment

Ahh I got what you mean now Darren
            Yeah Monday Morning Syndrome aint the best is it lol

I'll take a look thanks.

Comment

On Actinic 7 where I click Advanced -> Generate Website

Where ony my local PC are these files generated?
              I take it these are the files created which then needs to be uploaded onto the server to test the site out? Please correct me if i am wrong?

I always assumed that the files in the site/site1/previewHTML folder where the files?

Comment

Not exactly. Actinic manages the upload, you don't use an FTP client to upload the files. Go to Advanced|Network Setup and enter and test the required details there.

Comment

Thanks.
                  But am trying to setup an IIS on my local pc to test the site out or is this not possible?

Comment

I thought you were going to use the Actinic test server - sorry.
                    Yes it is possible to use IIS locally to test. You will also need to generate the scripts.

Comment

Hi,
                      I am using the Advance User Guide and going through it step by step from Page 94 about setting up a standalone demo on the PC.

When I install the Apache HTTP Server software, during installation i get the attached message appear.

I just let it go, and continued with the step by step.

When i try to generate the website in Actinic, it will not access the ftp it says " ftp username or password incorrect", ive tried and tried changing passwords, etc and its still not working

Any help please?

I've been working on this all afternoon and am now baffled completely.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gavin

Did you do the steps in the AUG as written? (prolly yes but need to check mate)

Have you tried shutting down apache, uninstalling warftp and then reinstalling with the suggested config in the AUG?

What is your OS? I could not get it to run on my pc with XP Home but ran first time on XP Pro?

Regards
                        Daren

Comment

I've got XP Pro installed on this machine m8
                          It just wont install the "Apache" service thats the error message that appears
                          I will try uninstalling it all tomorrow and trying again

I'll let u know how I get on tomoro!

Cheers

Comment

I had problems trying to do this some time ago and ended up installing WAMP instead which IIRC was a lot easier.

Comment

OK im pretty sure that this has something to do with the installation of Apache, because when installed i cannot get the "Apache" service to run...
                              See attached image (apache.gif) showing my settings for the installation of Apache, this is what it tells me to do in the Advanced User Guide - is this correct?

After clicking next and changing the installation directory to c:\ (as instructed in the AUG) i then get the dos box mentioned on my above post.
                              Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

@Duncan - Is the setup v.similar using WAMP? Am going to download this and give it a try.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X