X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Pricing according to Postcode

Hi

I'm new to Actinic,

I have a client who needs an online ordering system where the product price varies according to postcode. They supply home heating oil.

Can I do this with Actinic? and if so how? is there a plug-in which can handle this?

Thanks

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum.

Postcode specific pricing is generally handled by the checkout .. same product price but different postage depending on area.

To have the price set against the product you could set the price/postcode option as a choice for the product ... but that could get messy if lots of postal zones and relies on the user selecting the right postcode from the selection!

Another option would be to have sections set out for the postcodes and the products placed and priced accordingly inside each.. again not knowing the product or the number of postal zones in use this could be messy.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Could you not use componants to do this,

I assume the oil price stays the same it's just the delivery cost per liter that changes with distance
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
        Could you not use componants to do this
        That was the suggestion above with the choices ... but it is subject to the user selecting the right option from a drop down or radio to ensure charging at the right amount

Bikster

Comment

Cheers

There is only one product - Heating Oil.

But the pricing changes according to postcode, quantity and delivery date (delivery date, both because of seasonal price fluctuations and it's cheaper if there are other deliveries in the same location at the same time)

I need to be able to set it up to quote on a specific postcode/date/quantity and also show a calendar of cheapest delivery dates according to postcode and quantity.(it's not unusual for people to order and specify a delivery date 2 or 3 months away)

I need to make it as idiot-proof as possible and as simple to use as possible, with average orders likely to be £300+ mistakes in pricing and delivery could prove costly. As could over-complicating the order process

Thanks

Comment

Have you seen Normans plugin "NorMatrix" over at http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/index.html which may be a step in the right direction?

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X