Gift message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gift message

I would like customers to add a gift message when they order an item from the website. I know this can be done on the actual product page using "Other Info Question" before adding the item to the cart.

However, is it possible to ask them to add the message when they are at the later order/payment stage instead? Many sites do this such as Interflora, etc.

Secondly, is it possible to ask for and set a delivery date at the ordering processing stage rather than on the product page?

I'd be grateful for any advice...

Many Thanks

Originally posted by theredduc
    However, is it possible to ask them to add the message when they are at the later order/payment stage instead? Many sites do this such as Interflora, etc.
    I tend to solve this by adding a graphical image link from the Act_PrimaryCheckout.html back to a free message card product along the lines of "don't forget to add your free message card" to give customers a second bite of the cherry.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

We use the questionnaire facility at checkout to ask the customer if they want giftwrap and what message they want to add - it works fine.

www.scentsationsoftroon.co.uk

Dave

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your answers. Dave, I assume that with your approach you can only leave one message for the whole sale, i.e. you can’t have a message per item?

Jont, could you provide me a link to see how you’ve set yours up?

Thanks again

Comment

You could just use the 'Other Info Question' or the 'Date Info Question' fields on the Layout tab of the product.

Comment

Thanks drounding, I'm familiar with that approch, but was trying to get this infomation away from the product page and onto the later order/checkout stage.

Comment

The trouble is that if you want information on a product level, you have to collect it at product level. There is only one checkout, so only one set of checkout questions and answers.

Since you don't know which products are being added to the basket, there is no way to change the number of questions being asked (but if the product contains a question and answer these are recorded as part of the product).
              Bill
              www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
              Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
              BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
              Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
              VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
              Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Ali

Most of our sales, especially at Xmas, are single items that are giftwrapped and labelled with a message so it works fine for us that way. We also get stuff sent for birthdays with a message and it all gets done at checkout level.

A bit sad sometimes, reading the message from a husband sending his wife an anniversary present - he can't even be bothered to write his own label.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                X