Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting afresh

Hi there

As a newbie I've been transferring info via CSV from our current website to Actinic with a view to launch the new-look site when it's ready.

I've encountered a few problems along the way and now want to clear everything and start again. I've got all my product info and images saved in folders and spreadsheets so all the info I will need is safe.

What I want to know is how do I delete everything to start with a clean sheet?

Thank you

There is a file called actiniccatalog.mdb in the original folder in your actinic directory, copy that into your sites/site1 directory and you will be able to start again. It is probably worth taking a copy of your current actinicCatalog.mdb.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Whilst messing with V8 my method has been to copy site1 folder and put it somewhere safe, uninstall the software, re-install and there's your clean copy.

you still have site1 to go and pick from if needed.

Comment

Depends what you mean as starting again!

If it is to reset changes made to templates, scripts etc you can re-install the original templates or even aply a new theme to install a default factory setting.

Be wary of taking snapshots, copying databases as these may include some areas of the site you are trying to remove and you could just re-instate them again.

If you have Developer you can license a new site and start from there.

It could also be as simple as deleting all the sections inside Actinic ... it all depends on how far you want to go back to remove / reset.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks for all the info you've been really helpful

Comment

Working...
          X