New Postage costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Postage costs

What is happening with the new postal charges that take into account not only the weight but the size of the parcel/envelope being sent. Is there a way in Actinic to get round this, as we send out parcels, envelopes of all different sizes and weights, as I'm sure many people do.

Thanks

Nick
    Nick
    www.skyelight.co.uk

The current system involves weight on the products, which is then mapped against the royal mail shipping tables, but given that there is no size ability of the parcel concerned available in Actinic, then dont know how they can accommodate this now, plus if they were able to incorporate it, how would they work it out, i.e. I guess some physical dimensions per product would now need to be added to each product and then some calculation on per product or per order then calculated (the mind boggles on how this can be done to be honest - if at all)..

As far as v7 being adjusted to accommodate this (if it is possible to do at all), then doubt it would be in v7, as that is virtually end of line, but that is one for Actinic and they do release patches after a version has been retired for a newer version, so best raising a support or wish list request with them to see what is being suggested or offered, or maybe someone on here will be able to script an add-on to accommodate this.

Comment

Agreed - I doubt that it will feasible to work out PIP charges without lots of effort, there's too many variables. In any case my personal feeling is that it's best to keep postage pricing as simple as possible for the customer and as such it will be a case of swings and roundabouts with shipping - as it is at present really for most people.

In some cases I can see it may be cheaper to separately post some combined purchased items rather than send them together in one package.

Following on about this does anyone know how a post office is going to check PIP sizes? I wonder if there will be a slot for each size that you have to be able to put the item through or something.

Comment

Working...
      X