X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generate popup page - '1'

Hi there

I hope some kind soul with end my headache !!!! LOL

I've set up a CSV with all our products and have imported them without any problem.

I want to generate a pop up page with extended information and an image but I'm obviously going wrong somewhere. I've used the successfully loaded CSV file adding in various fields but have I've narrowed the 'culprit column' down to the field 'Generate popup page' which has 1 in every cell below the heading for the 4000 products that we stock.

My problem is that when I import the file it fine for the first 100 lines or so then freezes up - the egg timer is still displayed but after waiting and waiting and waiting I have to close down Actinic altogether by clicking on the 'x' box.

When I re-start the programme I can see that some of our sections and products have uploaded and if I click on one of them it's showing that the Product Image has an active link, presumably this link goes to the Pop Up Page as this option is checked in the Product Details window.

If I remove the Generate popup page column then everything loads perfectly !!!

When the Generate popup page is included I do get an Error Report window open up when I restart ......

szAppName: Catalogue.exe szApppVer : 7.0.6.0 szModName: hungapp
    szModVer: 0.0.0.0 offset: 00000000

I also get Error Report Contents of............

C:\DOCUMEN~1\HAYLEY\LOCALS~Temp\\WER23b5.dir00\catalog.exe.mdmp
    C:\DOCUMEN~1\HAYLEY\LOCALS~Temp\\WER23b5.dir00\appcompat.txt

These are the headings in my spreadsheet.......

Section Text
    Section Image
    Section Description
    Product Reference
    short description
    price
    Image filename
    can be ordered online
    stock checks enabled
    stock in hand
    Display by image
    Generate popup page
    Thumbnail
    Full description
    Extended info page name
    Extended info image
    Tax Treatment

Can anyone help me I'm really getting fed up now ! I've searched for answers on the forum and have tried a few of them out but I still have this problem.

Thanks

Hayley x

I've no quick solution. Perhaps there is an error in your import data.

It may be worth temporarily deleting the first half of the products from your import and see if that import fails as well.

If not, it points to a data problem and you can try deleting lines around the error line count to isolate the faulty product.

If it it still fails the line count may point to something you can compare with your earlier imports failure line to see if there's something wierd in both of these.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
    X