Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting pricing file to excel

Hi,

We are looking to make a number of pricing changes on our website. Normally we go in and manually do this, however with more and more products being entered it is becoming a very time consuming job. I read somewhere that you can export your whole database and make changes to prices in excel and then import back in again. Can this be done if I have the following pricing attributes?

1. Components for different sizes

2. Custom tax field is used for every price

It is not a fixed price change across the board and certain prices will go down by 20% others by 50%. Is all of the above achievable? Could somebody point me in the right direction on how to go about this?

Many thanks,

AK

First take a snapshot and/or backup your site folder. Then have a look at File | Export - Select Catalog, comma separated values and File | Import - specifying the same file.

the prices are there (in pennies) so they may not look familiar to start with - remember you need to keep them in pennies to get them to import properly.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

If you have a standalone spreadsheet containing the new prices and product references it is very easy to import the new sheet and merge the new prices into the existing.. tax fields etc will all remain the same

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank you both for your prompt answers.

Regarding the prices being in pennies does that also count for the custom tax amount being in pennies somewhere also?

If I were to merge new prices from a stand alone spreadsheet would i not need to merge new VAT amounts also?
        Its just that you mention that tax fields etc stay the same?

Thanks,

AK

Comment

Actinic only accepts prices excluding VAT

Bikster

Comment

Jont,

'Actinic only accepts prices excluding VAT'

As we treat VAT as a custom tax figure does this mean that we have to go into each hidden product and alter the custom tax once I have finished the import? Or will the custom tax figure not be in the file import? We dont use the normal VAT method due to the rounding issues.

Comment

If you are manually inputting the VAT to make nice round numbers these will need changing too if you have altered the main price as the VAT amount will change accordingly - check the format on an exported file to see how to import it back in again

Bikster

Comment

Working...
              X