Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IE Script Error

Hi
    Can anyone sort out this annoying and repetitive script error for me please? I get it each time I make a change in the catalog.
    It says
    An error has accured in the script on this page
    Line:4
    Char:1
    Error:Syntax error
    Code:0
    URL:file://C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\PreviewHTML\P_page1.html
    Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes/No

You can access the home page of my site at:

http://www.thespicebazaar.com/acatal...log/First.html
    and other pages from:
    http://www.thespicebazaar.com/acatal...og/spices.html

Thanks a lot in advance to whoever comes to my rescue.

Once I corrected the spelling error in the first url (spcie?) I managed to get an "ONLOAD is undefined" error - have you checked the javascript references in the HEAD of your page template? You should have both actiniccore.js and actinicextras.js.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill
      Thank you for your suggestion. I've made sure it's all there but I'm still getting the message. Any other ideas? Sorry about the typo in the link.

Comment

The onload statement on your page doesn't refer to any images:
        OnLoad="PreloadImages('','','','','','','','')
        If you don't need it then why not remove it?

Comment

I don't want to seem argumentative, but I cannot find reference to either javascript source here
          Code:
          <head>
          <title>THE SPICE BAZAAR</title>
          <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
          <!--@act NETQUOTEVAR:LOADFUNCTION -->
          </head>
          Paste this into your template - before the </head> - and see if the problem goes away
          Code:
          <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actiniccore.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="actinicextras.js" TYPE="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
          Bill

Comment

The second link page does have the js src ref but the first does not. As Bill correctly says you need to copy that part into the template used for that first link page. You've probably been checking the other template.

Comment

Thank you for your sugestion.
              I remove it and then it comes back the next time I preview the page.
              The site works fine on and off line, it's just when I am editing it in catalog that I get the error at every click.
              Sorry if I'm being thick but I'm still none the wiser.

Comment

You need to modify the template not the P_XXXX file. Perhaps Act_Primary.html or whatever you may have named it.

But try and correct the missing js ref as Bill said in his post first. You need to put those lines into your template.

Comment

Duncan - I'm off to the airport - see you tomorrow night if you're at the Inn. Thursday morning if not.
                  Bill

Comment

Thank you Bill & Duncan
                    I changed the other template as suggested but I don't want the first page in my catalog so it isn't thereg (I uploaded it separately with FTP) so it couldn't be that page causing the problem anyway could it?
                    Have you any other ideas as to what is causing it?
                    If not, thanks a lot for your patience and help anyway - I'll just have to live with it.
                    Cheers

Comment

Hi there

I don't see any errors in
                      http://www.thespicebazaar.com/acatal...og/spices.html
                      now.

However,
                      http://www.thespicebazaar.com/acatal...log/First.html
                      has got real problems.

It looks like you have copied and pasted the contents of the <head> section from Act_Primary.html (or Act_BrochurePrimary.html) and pasted it into a standard html file. Unfortunately, when you look at the source of the page the code is full of NETQUOTEVARs - these are replaced when Actinic generates pages - but 'First.html' is not being generated by Actinic.

Is this just a custom page that you have manually created? Then just use your usual <head> section contents for standard pages, and remove the onLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD" from the <body> tag.

Comment

Hi Chris
                        Thank you for your reply.
                        I have sorted out the "First" page - it wasn't in Actinic to begin with, then I put it in and then I took it out again because I thought it was causing the problem. Anyway - that page is not being generated by Actinic. Just to go back to the original error message, I'm still getting it every mouse click when I am using Actinic on my PC. When I upload, there are no errors and everything works fine. What is or may be causing it and an you tell me how to get rid of it?
                        Thanks

Comment

The error could be caused by a number of things.

I suggest downloading and installing Mozilla Firefox from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/. Then carry out a full offline preview and view the previewd pages in Firefox. Then go to 'Tools | Javascript Console' and Firefox will tell you where the errors are coming from.

Comment

Thank you for that but I have done it and am still getting the message! Have you any other ideas?

Comment

Well, you are now trying to link to a file located at

../../../../Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/ Business/My%20Webs/The%20Spice%20Bazaar/actinic.css

(I added a space before Business to make the line managable...)

The stylesheet link should be pure and simple "actinic.css" since that file is at the same web level as the linking page.

I begins to look as though 120% of your problems are being caused by the external HTML programme you are using. Can you identify and remove anything and everything it has added to your Actinic pages, then try again?
                              Last edited by wjcampbe; 01-Aug-2006, 07:38 PM. Reason: Spelling
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X