Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Description in Extended Info Popup Window?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Description in Extended Info Popup Window?

Client wants the "Full Description" to show up in the Extended Popup Window.

From what I've read, I don't see a way for this to happen. It appears that the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION is not available to the Extended Popup Window code. (??) I know that I can run a query to copy the contents of "Full Description" into the "Extended Information" text field...however, when the client adds new items they do not want to enter it twice. Needs to be more dynamic...

It also seems that instead of having a popup I could load more detailed information into a new brochure page ( I hope I'm using correct terminology here) that would take them away from the list of products. The client wants a popup, not a reload - if that makes sense. (Myself, I like this idea - saw this site from another post that does what I'm trying to describe here: http://www.hificablesandaccessories.co.uk/)

Is there a way to work around this? A second question is, do I have my facts straight? If there's no way to do this, I want to be sure I can articulate to the client.

How long can I play the newbie card?

Thanks,
    k

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION works fine in the Act_ExtendedInfo.html template. Try it and see. There's a choice of Popup Templates. Use Design / Options / Layouts / Extended Product Information / Edit to get the default one that's in use.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Good grief...that was easy. Appears as though I was modifying the wrong template....how embarrased I am!

Muchas Gracias!
      k

Comment

Working...
      X